Has the Church ever declared on anti-depressants and other such pills?
If any other part of your body was ill, would you still not say, "Thanks for this body, Lord, but I'm going to improve upon it?"... and then forgo medication?

Sometimes brain chemistry imbalances are no different than blood sugar imbalances or thyroid imbalances, etc...  Insulin and thyroid supplements can be life saving.  So can antidepressants.

Correcting a chemical imbalance anywhere in the body is not a sign of a lack of faith.  The Lord didn't intend for our bodies to be defective but we live in a fallen world, so they often are.  If you would seek medical care for a physical ailment, then you can seek medical care for a mental ailment.

I've been on different antidepressants at various times for postpartum depression or winter depression or situational depression.  The medications don't change my personality.  They allow my true personality to come forth, rather than be buried under a cloud of gloom.

Best wishes to you.  :pray2:

Messages In This Thread
Re: Has the Church ever declared on anti-depressants and other such pills? - by GraceSeeker - 09-27-2011, 01:14 PM