Has the Church ever declared on anti-depressants and other such pills?
(09-27-2011, 04:17 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: why give a shit what others think lad?
so what? do your duty. they can do what they want. why let it bother you? what is it about going outside that causes fear? people? have u ever trained before int he martial arts? or have sought combat training or tactical fire arm training? I'm saying. perhaps the Best approach here is to train to be THE MASTER OF YOUR ENVIROMENT!! you are in control lad. you really are. you tell your body to do something it does. i dotn understand the frear here but training is one of the Best ways to handle fear. face your fear. you will see its a paper tiger. just an illusion.
have U been attacked or beat real bad or something? why do u think you have this fear? how old are u if u dont mind me askin?

I never was... I just remember being shunned and ignored and laughed at a lot as a child. Being an atheist only made this even more unbearable, because life was crappy AND totally pointless. Facing the fear does nothing - this is something that HURTS, I dunno what it is. It would be so weak, so atheistic, so secular to see a psychologist over this. I don't want to give in to this evil world and its medicines.

(09-27-2011, 04:37 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Laetare, am I to understand right that you have pretty bad anxiety problems as far as not being able to leave the house/be around people?

I left the house maybe 15 times from June 2007 to May 2010... and 10 of those times it was just being forced to go see relatives.

Quote:Join the club.  That's been one of my main problems.  I was on klonopin for a while which helped take the edge off.  problem is, being a narcotic it's very addicting and you have to keep upping the dose for it to help you.

Anxiety is really only dealt with by facing it, which really, <i>really</i> sucks.  To this end, prayer helped me more than pills.  I carry a rosary and when I get nervous I just grip it really hard.

I feel so embarrassed trying to pray the rosary in public. If you're afraid of ridicule and the opinions and stares of others, drawing even more attention to yourself is the last thing you want to do. Praying of any sort outside a church makes me feel proud, dreadful, awkward, etc.

Quote:The psalms are great for anxiety.  For me anxiety has literally been a battle, against what, I dont' know.  But the psalms are great beacuse they're pretty much all about being up against insurmountable odds and looking to the Lord for help.  Especially psalm 24.  Abandon yourself to the Lord.

That's an interesting choice, considering the fact that Advent is my favourite season and this Psalm opens it; why, I was just setting that introit to music a few days ago...

Things like becoming addicted are deeply worrying to me. There's no way to face this anxiety - it's a crushing, physical feeling of tightening, of restriction in the heart and lungs. It draws my shoulders down, and makes me so tired from having to face people. The Lord and His sacraments have done nothing to alleviate this, yet. I have faith that He will use this utterly broken oppression of mine for the good, but it's certainly been a long purification process, if that's what it is.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Has the Church ever declared on anti-depressants and other such pills? - by Laetare - 09-27-2011, 05:32 PM