Oct 1 Bishop Williamson column
(10-01-2011, 11:23 AM)Gerard Wrote:
(10-01-2011, 11:18 AM)Underdog Wrote:
(09-30-2011, 07:09 PM)Gerard Wrote: You risk losing the faith if you believe whack job conspiracy theories. 
TRUE.

(09-30-2011, 07:09 PM)Gerard Wrote: That is what the Bishop is saying. 
FALSE.

That is exactly what the bishop is saying.  You can't hold any opinion on 9/11 without believing what some call a "whack job" conspiracy theory.   You either believe the media's whack job theories or you believe the so-called "Truthers" various theories.

Yes, that is what I got out of the column as well....
And he also seems to imply that putting too much faith in the gov;t and in everything they say with regard to 9-11 is truth,( as most liberals and neocons seem to do today) is very damaging to the faith!!
(10-01-2011, 11:15 AM)Underdog Wrote:
(09-30-2011, 06:33 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Hate Bp. Williamson, love .gov?

No...more like reject Bishop Williamson, LOVE THY NEIGHBOR.

No...more like reject the hate directed against Bishop Williamson.  Especially when it's irrational.  
When is Bishop Williamson going to address the UFO question? I mean, his views on 9/11, JFK, Pearl Harbor, the Oklahoma bomber, The Sound of Music, and the Japanese earthquake are all very interesting, but I for one would like some guidance with respect to those glimmering saucers... visitors from another world, or Zionist plot to boost Spielberg movie rentals?

[Image: iwanttobelieveufoposter.jpg]
(10-01-2011, 11:27 AM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote: Yes, that is what I got out of the column as well....
And he also seems to imply that putting too much faith in the gov;t and in everything they say with regard to 9-11 is truth,( as most liberals and neocons seem to do today) is very damaging to the faith!!

The idiots that choose not to understand the bishop are already mired in conflicting philosophies.  They dogmatize the "news" and actually believe that the struggle between the world and the Church is somehow suspended in secular activity.  

They've basically already been compromised into corralling the faith into this little box they call "religion."  So when the bishop comes along and points out that the conflict between the powers of Hell and the Church extends well beyond the boundaries the powers of Hell claim, they get all up in arms.  And since their position is indefensible from a rational point of view, they attack with ad hominem attacks against him and vent with emotional poison.  No facts, no arguments just insults and venom.  (the weapons of the powers of Hell. )  So, in the end, they know who they are working for.  
(10-01-2011, 11:29 AM)archdiocesan Wrote: When is Bishop Williamson going to address the UFO question? I mean, his views on 9/11, JFK, Pearl Harbor, the Oklahoma bomber, The Sound of Music, and the Japanese earthquake are all very interesting, but I for one would like some guidance with respect to those glimmering saucers... visitors from another world, or Zionist plot to boost Spielberg movie rentals?

Fr. Malachi Martin and Bishop Williamson were very close in their opinions and so I would guess that Bishop Williamson is aligned with Fr. Martin.  Fr. Martin did not believe in aliens in the contemporary view as beings of intelligence from other worlds.  He believed that was demonic activity meant to fool people and separate them from God.  Demons and Angels are of course a different type of "alien" life that the secular world rejects out of hand. 
Gerard - the comment about UFOs was a joke. I apologise if that wasn't sufficiently obvious.

Catholics get "up in arms" about +Williamson's conspiracist nonsense not because they're afraid of the truth, or because they're happy consumers of falsehoods, but because a man consecrated to the episcopate seems to spend an inordinate amount of time peddling debunked "alternative narratives" which, while potentially amusing when being promoted by a dweeb with a keyboard or a crazy with a megaphone, do serious damage on the lips of a man who purports to be a defender of Catholic tradition.

And that's without getting into his idiotic remarks about the Nazi genocide.
(10-01-2011, 11:29 AM)archdiocesan Wrote: When is Bishop Williamson going to address the UFO question? I mean, his views on 9/11, JFK, Pearl Harbor, the Oklahoma bomber, The Sound of Music, and the Japanese earthquake are all very interesting, but I for one would like some guidance with respect to those glimmering saucers... visitors from another world, or Zionist plot to boost Spielberg movie rentals?

And in case you were wondering, Spielberg believes in aliens. 

(10-01-2011, 11:37 AM)Gerard Wrote:

Fr. Malachi Martin and Bishop Williamson were very close in their opinions and so I would guess that Bishop Williamson is aligned with Fr. Martin.   Fr. Martin did not believe in aliens in the contemporary view as beings of intelligence from other worlds.  He believed that was demonic activity meant to fool people and separate them from God.  Demons and Angels are of course a different type of "alien" life that the secular world rejects out of hand. 

Yes, and could it also be said that perhaps "Aliens" coming from other planets are actually demons taking the form of these ugly creatures?? I mean heck, God can permit anything, and the Angelic & Demonic mind is more then a Billion times smarter then any human being! Their Spirit world is beyond comprehension as well!
Does this mean the movie E.T. is really about demon worship?
(10-01-2011, 11:50 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: Does this mean the movie E.T. is really about demon worship?

:laughing: :laughing: