Rick Perry Dancing with the Rabbis........
Jews don't use the term judeo Christian but a better and more precisererm would be Greco-Roman  Christian Or something to that effect if a term needed to be used ro cite the huge det we pay to the classical world
it's a bit wordy granted
Deicide-Christian  values...
(10-06-2011, 08:53 PM)alaric Wrote:
(10-06-2011, 06:12 PM)Underdog Wrote:
(10-06-2011, 02:59 PM)Norbert Wrote: Personally I don't think I'd be huge on him dancing with Chinese or north koreans, or Iranians or Mexicans for that matter.

How about we save the expressions of good will for times when we AREN'T pandering to un-assimilated interest groups.

You need to have a little conviction, Norbert...are you for assimilating folks...or for segregating them in ghettos?
Also...what on earth is wrong with wanting to sow good will amongst one's citizens?  "Peace on earth to men of good will," right? 

Governor Perry didn't kiss their Talmud or take part in a Jewish temple ritual or even pander to this group.  All he did was take part in a political show of good will...something based upon Christian principle...ya know...love thy neighbor, etc.
Segregation, Ghettos, right.........See this is where I take issue with you UD is with your inconsistency.

You are quick to bring on the guilt trip down upon Christians when it comes to your precious Rabbis and kvetch about assimilating, good will, "peace on earth" and all that jazz but to actually apply these same charitable virtues to your Israeli hero's and their treatment of the indigenous peoples of the Palestinian state is an altogether different matter.

Tell me, is there anywhere on earth where one people could treat another with total disdain and separation than in Israel? So now let's talk about Segregation, Ghettos, "assimilation", sowing good will amongst one's citizens.Let's talk about Israeli Jews and their treatment of their fellow man in the bandit state.

We all know what's going on over there and your boy Roy, er scuse me, Ricky will continue the status quo when the synagogue keeps the shekels going his way and he keeps the cluster-bombs and Abrams tanks going theirs, business as usual, war and death have always been the harvest of Israel and business is booming better than ever.

You try to convince us that dancin Rick and his buddies is just some innocent fun when we all know that these boys ain't innocent and it's all not just fun and games.

Face it, Perry's just another synagogue sell-out.
What bugs me is the complete non sequitur of suddenly saying I wanted to put jews or mexicans or whatever in ghettos, when what I actually meant is that they can accept a certain basic level of American and Christian (not necessarily in that order) values, or get out.
(10-06-2011, 11:33 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Jews don't use the term judeo Christian but a better and more precisererm would be Greco-Roman  Christian Or something to that effect if a term needed to be used ro cite the huge det we pay to the classical world
it's a bit wordy granted

Wordy I don't care about! I use Graeco-Roman Catholic Civilisation and Culture. Anything good from the Old Covenant has been subsumed in Catholicism and to use 'Judaeo' is only confusing since the Rabbinic religion is totally different from the Church of the Old Testament.
Sure. But people r lazy. In my experience the easier and sucker t rolls of the tongue the more life a phrase will have.
While I don't like judeo cheigian wither ieasier to say hence I figure it still wik be used tathe then Greco roman Christian which has some plms in that it's not as clear in some ways and more clear in others.
Most know when one says judeo Christian usual refers to a historical development and influence. It's easier for many to grasp mohamadanism being in tha tradition then say the Greco roman. Which it isn't maybe is in the judeo u pick
anyway for me ia tool box. Depending on whom I speaking I will use either judeo Christian if it helps the conversation and understanding oe Greco roman.
No biggy for me really
(10-07-2011, 01:38 AM)Norbert Wrote: What bugs me is the complete non sequitur of suddenly saying I wanted to put jews or mexicans or whatever in ghettos, when what I actually meant is that they can accept a certain basic level of American and Christian (not necessarily in that order) values, or get out.

No, it wasn't a non sequitur...and God only knows what Alaric was rambling on about.  You were hinting that those Jews are not assimilated into American mainstream culture...which is false...the video itself proves otherwise.  They obviously want to live peacefully amongst their fellow Americans, and they do, as we see all over the US.  So, either you support their having assimilated into our culture (they are not newcomers to America...they've been here for generations...they speak English, enjoy some of our national pastimes, etc.), living peacefully amongst us, contributing to the greater good (by being productive citizens...which they are), or you support their being segregated from us so that we don't have to be neighborly.  You can't have it both ways...mainly because it just doesn't work that way...it's not logical.  So then the question naturally follows: do you wish for them to be assimilated (and accepted/tolerated...and we in turn extend a gesture of good will where we can) or do you wish for them to be segregated from us?
(10-07-2011, 01:46 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(10-06-2011, 11:33 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Jews don't use the term judeo Christian but a better and more precisererm would be Greco-Roman  Christian Or something to that effect if a term needed to be used ro cite the huge det we pay to the classical world
it's a bit wordy granted

Wordy I don't care about! I use Graeco-Roman Catholic Civilisation and Culture. Anything good from the Old Covenant has been subsumed in Catholicism and to use 'Judaeo' is only confusing since the Rabbinic religion is totally different from the Church of the Old Testament.

I seriously doubt most folks understand it as "Talmudic-Christian"...even Assemblies of God types...but instead to mean "Old Testament Hebrew-Christian."  Personally, I find it rather redundant...but, then again, I don't use the term Judeo-Christian.
(10-07-2011, 01:37 PM)Underdog Wrote: You were hinting that those Jews are not assimilated into American mainstream culture...which is false...the video itself proves otherwise.  They obviously want to live peacefully amongst their fellow Americans, and they do, as we see all over the US.  So, either you support their having assimilated into our culture (they are not newcomers to America...they've been here for generations...they speak English, enjoy some of our national pastimes, etc.), living peacefully amongst us, contributing to the greater good (by being productive citizens...which they are), or you support their being segregated from us so that we don't have to be neighborly.  You can't have it both ways...mainly because it just doesn't work that way...it's not logical.  So then the question naturally follows: do you wish for them to be assimilated (and accepted/tolerated...and we in turn extend a gesture of good will where we can) or do you wish for them to be segregated from us?

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS. Thank you UD...
And yet, during the vast majority of Christian history, Jews were segregrated from Christians in ghettos.

I'm glad we're all more enlightened now.
(10-07-2011, 02:21 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: And yet, during the vast majority of Christian history, Jews were segregrated from Christians in ghettos.

I'm glad we're all more enlightened now.

Were they not segregated for their own protection? I'm asking. ...