Rick Perry Dancing with the Rabbis........
(10-07-2011, 11:05 PM)Cooler King Wrote:
(10-07-2011, 10:58 PM)Norbert Wrote:
(10-07-2011, 10:55 PM)Cooler King Wrote:That's a great avatar Norbert. With the papal Tiara. I haven't seen one in worn in a while.

If only it would come back into style. Leo XIII's coat of arms, that.  One of my favorite popes.

And thanks.
Your welcome.
The good thing is that the Church has moved on. Since it is a changing Church. We have adopted ways to introduce the traditional into the new. With the new Evangelization, we can get the Word out without being offensive to any other religion.

What's your kick, friend?
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(10-07-2011, 10:55 PM)Cooler King Wrote:That's a great avatar Norbert. With the papal Tiara. I haven't seen one in worn in a while.

If only it would come back into style. Leo XIII's coat of arms, that.  One of my favorite popes.

And thanks.
Your welcome.
The good thing is that the Church has moved on. Since it is a changing Church. We have adopted ways to introduce the traditional into the new. With the new Evangelization, we can get the Word out without being offensive to any other religion.

Oh boy, this board is going to love you...
:safe:
(10-07-2011, 11:12 PM)Cooler King Wrote:
(10-07-2011, 11:07 PM)Norbert Wrote:

And thanks.
Your welcome.

What did I say?

You'll find out.  Number one, most people on this board, including me, hate the "new evangelization" and indeed, just about anything "new" that resulted from VII.

Number two, most here aren't going to give a flyer if non-Catholic religions are "offended"....in fact in some cases, such as Islam, I and others would argue that Catholics could be doing a lot more to offend them.

You heard it here first.
(10-07-2011, 11:13 PM)Norbert Wrote:
(10-07-2011, 11:12 PM)Cooler King Wrote:
(10-07-2011, 11:07 PM)Norbert Wrote:

And thanks.
Your welcome.

What did I say?

You'll find out.  Number one, most people on this board, including me, hate the "new evangelization" and indeed, just about anything "new" that resulted from VII.

Number two, most here aren't going to give a flyer if non-Catholic religions are "offended"....in fact in some cases, such as Islam, I and others would argue that Catholics could be doing a lot more to offend them.

You heard it here first.

Someone is getting their chain yanked, real hard.  :laughing:
(10-07-2011, 09:31 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: What I've been trying to show you until now is that this "hatred" or "envy" of Jews was no small a phenomenon in the Christian world. It was common to all men, clergy and laity, down in Christian history.

There's something else going on here other than a mere rejection of God's grace by some poor souls. Certainly the Gospel has the power to change men and societies, has it not? The social discrimination of the Jews only really stopped in the last century given the influence of Liberalism, Modernism and Protestantism.

I disagree...but it's late and I'm about to crash...so I will get back to you tomorrow.   :)
(10-07-2011, 09:43 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(10-07-2011, 09:34 PM)Cooler King Wrote:Well that's the whole point. To be in unity with our neighbor.

No, the whole point is this:

If social discrimination of Jews is wrong and unchristian, then it was not the Church that ended it but her enemies. In fact, down the centuries, the Church condoned this social discrimination and was incapable of stopping it.

This!
(10-07-2011, 09:56 PM)Cooler King Wrote:We should befriend them. and follow what the latest Popes have been doing and have conventions with them an congresses. Always helps to have the inter-religious dialogue. Especially with our brethren from the Old testament.

Why? There is no 'dialogue' with them. They talk and expect us to listen. There is no 'give and take'. We give and they take. They tell us how to pray while they still publish their Talmud blaspheming our Lord and Saviour, the Second Person of the Holy and Divine Trinity, God Incarnate, and we're supposed to talk to them? Give me a break!
(10-07-2011, 11:05 PM)Cooler King Wrote:Your welcome.

In other words, we can just renounce Catholicism in an effort to 'get along'? If we are right, they are WRONG! Don't you get that? The Rabbinics are so sensitive that they were upset with Pope John Paul II because he dared to preach that Christ had come to fulfil the Law and that the Catholic Church is the New Israel. He was an 'anti-semite', don't you know?
OK, having read all his posts in this thread and responded to three, I think I know what's going on and thanks to another thread, I think I know who 'cooler king' is! :laughing: