Rick Perry Dancing with the Rabbis........
That's true.  Nobody in this forum is defending their false faith.  And even when DK is saying that a Catholic is better off living under Israeli rule than living under Islamic Dhimmitude he is still saying in other threads that the Holy Land is Catholic land and should be retaken.  What is better for a Catholic to live under, Islamic Dhimmitude or Israeli Laws?  I don't know.  Neither. 
What is so bad about the dancing though?  It was just some dancing right?

Looked far less objectionable to me than Assissi I or II.
(10-05-2011, 11:27 AM)mikemac Wrote: Interesting K3vinhood.  But DK has something here.  How are Jews suppose to be converted if we are to stay away from them?  And that's what I was trying to say; don't support the nation of Israel and stay clear of their "religion" but not individual Jews.  VII seems to have given up on any mission of conversion for the Jews.  Which is contradictory to what the Bible says, to take His Word to all peoples and nations.  This VII idea reminds me of what St. John Chrysostom is saying but to me both seem contradictory to the Bible.  Again, how are you suppose to convert a Jew if we are suppose to stay clear of them?

St. John Chrysostom is not contradicting the scripture, as shown above.

The "Vatican II attitude" towards the Jews is in no way in line with St. John's either. St. John is not telling us to stop praying for the Jews or to stop trying to convert them.  John Paul II (and Benedict XVI) have claimed in so many words that we do not need to pray for the Jews in a 'missionary sense' .

St. John clearly says that there will be Jews who convert (even if only a small amount). He's not telling us to run away if we see a Jew on the sidewalk, he's telling us to be careful, to watch out, and to not partake in their Satanic ways.
(10-05-2011, 03:00 PM)K3vinhood Wrote:
(10-05-2011, 11:27 AM)mikemac Wrote: Interesting K3vinhood.  But DK has something here.  How are Jews suppose to be converted if we are to stay away from them?  And that's what I was trying to say; don't support the nation of Israel and stay clear of their "religion" but not individual Jews.  VII seems to have given up on any mission of conversion for the Jews.  Which is contradictory to what the Bible says, to take His Word to all peoples and nations.  This VII idea reminds me of what St. John Chrysostom is saying but to me both seem contradictory to the Bible.  Again, how are you suppose to convert a Jew if we are suppose to stay clear of them?

St. John Chrysostom is not contradicting the scripture, as shown above.

The "Vatican II attitude" towards the Jews is in no way in line with St. John's either. St. John is not telling us to stop praying for the Jews or to stop trying to convert them.  John Paul II (and Benedict XVI) have claimed in so many words that we do not need to pray for the Jews in a 'missionary sense' .

St. John clearly says that there will be Jews who convert (even if only a small amount). He's not telling us to run away if we see a Jew on the sidewalk, he's telling us to be careful and watch out and to not partake in their Satanic ways.
Well said. Nuff' said.
(10-05-2011, 02:48 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: What is so bad about the dancing though?  It was just some dancing right?

I'm sure DK will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the Hassidim see it as a form of worship.
(10-05-2011, 03:04 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(10-05-2011, 02:48 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: What is so bad about the dancing though?  It was just some dancing right?

I'm sure DK will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the Hassidim see it as a form of worship.

So broad though ... I think it's very reasonable to say Rick Perry was just getting along and not worshipping.

The Hasidim can see commerce as worship, but I'd still buy stuff from a Hasidic deli ...
(10-05-2011, 03:07 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: So broad though ... I think it's very reasonable to say Rick Perry was just getting along and not worshipping.

Perry isn't Catholic, but if you saw a Catholic priest or even a layperson doing this with a bunch of Rabbi's you'd be fine with it?
(10-05-2011, 03:14 PM)K3vinhood Wrote:
(10-05-2011, 03:07 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: So broad though ... I think it's very reasonable to say Rick Perry was just getting along and not worshipping.

Perry isn't Catholic, but if you saw a Catholic priest or even a layperson doing this with a bunch of Rabbi's you'd be fine with it?

Well I think it's silly, and I would feel a Catholic priest would be quite undignified doing this.  I don't like it.

But I don't equate it with worshipping with Jews ... at least not until I understand the viewpoint of those who do better.
Ths op isn't even about Catholics
a peod danced wih some Jews
sounds like a start of a bad joke.
As for hasids. I'm the eesedent Hasidic expert cuz I lied with one and screwed one for years
I've danced with her too
anyhooo back to the thread
(10-05-2011, 03:07 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:
(10-05-2011, 03:04 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:

So broad though ... I think it's very reasonable to say Rick Perry was just getting along and not worshipping.

Well, you know my views on this from the yoga thread. Doing something designed as non-Catholic worship is still worship as far as I can see and no amount of exercise or 'getting along' changes that.