The Darkest of Dark Nights
Sabbathiel you're free to feel how you want, but I take exception to you saying this website isn't run to Catholic standards.

If you can't handle the word ass then that is your problem.  Good luck getting through the bible. 
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Lol.

Don't be a noob.  You're talking to someone with 19,000 posts.  You expect to jump into a new forum and have it changed to fit your liking?
I am deeply sorry that you have cancer;  that is enough to explain the darkness that you feel.  I don't know how I could possibly handle that.

But remember that no heart could be sadder and feel more desperate than Christ's when He cried "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me"..  Next  to Him in sadness was His Sorrowful Mother. Think of their sorrow rather than exaggerating your own; offer yours with theirs, think of yours as nothing compared to theirs - no matter how great yours may be.

Talk to a priest as frequently as you can, because you clearly do need help.  Do what he says!  Think about and read what he suggests! 

Try to lighten up!   Is that a terrible thing to say to  one who has cancer?  Maybe it is.  But I just couldn't help but think of the simple saying "Angels fly because they take themselves lightly"..  Try to think of the joys of God's love.  I know you just can't,  but just try.  Doesn't God want you to try? If He wants you to suffer too, accept that,  but do not indulge in your complaints.

I am not in your place, so I am hardly one to speak.

I will pray for the state of your body and your soul

God bless you.
Resign yourself to the cross and suffer, with, the Rosary in your hand and a scapular around your neck.  You have my prayers.  Keep looking while you have time.
If you can't imagine suffering more,  than you can assume equality with Christ's suffering on that account. How else could you make up what is lacking there-in? If you are free of mortal sins, than take your suffering as penance for the sins of the world.
It can be infuriating when people say it, but offer it up.  Suffering becomes easier to bear once we see that it can have a purpose and be useful.

And you have a flair for writing - translate your suffering into art. Take that mange-ridden black-eyed wolf, slavering and fearful, give him the nobility of purpose and direction and transform him into a hunting hound, brave and selfless in the service of his master.
Well, its true.  It seems by wanting to penetrate St. john of the Cross, he is looking for some mystical experience before he dies.  Maybe the last thing standing in the way is that desire for those extraordinary things, and it has to be a true renunciation, not feigned. 
(10-04-2011, 09:56 PM)jordanawef Wrote: Resign yourself to the cross and suffer, with, the Rosary in your hand and a scapular around your neck.  You have my prayers.  Keep looking while you have time.

This.  Pray for acceptance to God's holy will.  The sooner you accept your state in life and death, the sooner you find joy in your cross.  Don't look for feelings, they are fleeting.  With the Sacraments, you will find peace.  I will pray for you, it's what Catholics do. :)