Poll: Which group do you distrust the most?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which group do you distrust the most?
(10-16-2011, 11:15 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: How is one a "pagan" anyway?

Especially in these day and age. You worship trees and squirls?

Oh I worship many many things. An now thanks to you I got Worship of Trees stuck in my head! But that is okay tis a great song!

(10-16-2011, 01:30 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Which became active in 1989, long after the persecution of Christians began, possibly as a 'retaliation' against the Hindus' killings and burning?

I was giving you a recent example, to give an overview of the whole thing would take a college level term paper.

(10-16-2011, 02:09 PM)Cooler King Wrote:That was to keep you on your toes..
I am too tired to start a discussion.
Guten morgen

Sleep well!
(10-16-2011, 07:50 PM)AuberonDraenenWen Wrote: I was giving you a recent example, to give an overview of the whole thing would take a college level term paper.

Well, I'd like at least some cites. As I said, I've studied the history of the Raj as well as Portuguese and French involvement in India, I have Indian Catholic friends, including a priest who's from Kerala of a family that's been Christian since St Thomas' time, and I haven't heard of  a lot of 'Christian atrocities' that would explain the Hindus' attacking Christians.
(10-16-2011, 07:50 PM)AuberonDraenenWen Wrote:
(10-16-2011, 11:15 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: How is one a "pagan" anyway?

Especially in these day and age. You worship trees and squirls?

Oh I worship many many things. An now thanks to you I got Worship of Trees stuck in my head! But that is okay tis a great song!

Weren't you a Christian?

How can you debase yourself like this?
(10-16-2011, 08:04 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Weren't you a Christian?

I was infact a Traditionalist Roman Catholic. As for why well do only reason someone should switch faiths. One becomes convinced that the other faith is the truth.
(10-16-2011, 08:33 PM)AuberonDraenenWen Wrote:
(10-16-2011, 08:04 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Weren't you a Christian?

I was infact a Traditionalist Roman Catholic. As for why well do only reason someone should switch faiths. One becomes convinced that the other faith is the truth.

Which "faith"? Paganism?

Worshipping creatures and created elements? How can your soul long for such primitivism?
(10-16-2011, 08:42 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Which "faith"? Paganism?

Worshipping creatures and created elements? How can your soul long for such primitivism?

i know it sounds crazy to many but my soul just wasn't truly happy anywhere else. It only finds it's thirst satisfied here.
(10-13-2011, 06:02 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(10-13-2011, 10:18 AM)Starry Plough Wrote: There's no category for Canadiens. :)

Yeah, I don't trust Canadiens and Canadiennes very much either!  :laughing:

Or especially someone that can't spell Canadians.  :laughing:
(10-16-2011, 01:05 AM)AuberonDraenenWen Wrote:
(10-16-2011, 12:27 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: The 'retaliation' you mention would have to be for acts that happened centuries ago. Most of the Hindus rioting and killing Christians are probably not even aware of them, if, in fact they happened. Having read a great deal about the establishment of the Raj, I don't recall a whole lot of incidents like you mention.

Actually the ones I mean are acts happening right now.

Mind you as I mentioned in another thread over the years I've heard so many cries of PERSECUTION! when there was none that now I am rather Jaded to them. The biggest example was the priest at my old Parish accusing Stepping Stones Nigeria of being anti-Christian he admitted he hadn't even heard of them or bothered to read the website. I learned of this organization from a Christian charity of all places. There purpose is to protect small children being blammed for 'witchcraft' by "Men of Christ" you can read it all here http://www.steppingstonesnigeria.org/ basically it was a case of Christians opposing people hurting Children in Jesus' name and still he cried persecution.

I remember reading about this a couple of years ago.  But just because it's Nigeria you assume it was Catholics that were killing the child "witches".  Nope.  There was an Evangelical church from the southern US connected to this too.  Not all Christians are of the same flavour.  Well you should know that being an ex-trad yourself.  Umm .. right?

It was a terrible story.  Quoted from this site.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2460341

"Evangelical pastors are helping to create a terrible new campaign of violence against young Nigerians. Children and babies branded as evil are being abused, abandoned and even murdered while the preachers make money out of the fear of their parents and their communities."

Why, are you a pagan of the witchy kind or something?  What are you trying to say, that Christians did it to your kind?  You can't even say that cause the kids weren't even witches.  Just a bunch of crazy Evangelicals gone hay wire.

By the way have you heard about the "Christian elephants" that destroyed the Hindu villages in India?  Well at least that's what the Hindus called them, "Christian elephants".  The Hindus actually thought the elephants were retaliating against them because they killed a bunch of Christians and run them out of the area.  Don't worry, there's lots of Christian persecutions happening around the world these days whether you believe it or not.
(10-17-2011, 02:03 AM)mikemac Wrote: "Evangelical pastors are helping to create a terrible new campaign of violence against young Nigerians. Children and babies branded as evil are being abused, abandoned and even murdered while the preachers make money out of the fear of their parents and their communities."

I am gonna stop you right here and restate my point from earlier. I possibly failed to state it clearly. I showed this to my former Parish Priest as something our Parish might want to get involved with. That is maybe do a drive to send funds to help support a CHRISTIAN ORGANIZATION trying to STOP these abuses being done by people claiming to be Christians.

I repeat. I suggested helping CHRISTIANS end the abuse.

He responded stating the whole thing was an attack on Roman Catholicism, even though it was a Baptist Ministry (the site I sent him at the time) TRYING TO STOP the abuses of a SO CALLED Evangelical movement.

What I mean by this is I took to noticing that Catholics will play the persecuted victim at a drop of the proverbial hat. Crying WOLF! WOLF! (or in this case PERSECUTION!) when there is none. This was just the first time I really noticed it, since then I've seen it a lot and I admit to having sense become highly skeptical about stories of persecutions.

An yes I heard about the Christian Elephants, I'll spare you the word of mouth stories and instead provide you with a link to a Christian site that states it was just wild rumors http://www.cwmission.org/features/christ...-officials it appears there was some attacks but it was according to there sources elephants going after food found in houses at the edge of the jungle and that such rumors only hurt missionary efforts.
sure. but if u speak to an igbo (a Nigerian Christan tribe the largest) you will be told some very awful things in regards to how dispicable the Mohammedans are and how violent the struggle is. the igbos just are not rolling over and giving up. when mohamadans come an behead the men in there villages and rape the woman. the igbo fight back. and its africa which means the fight is very very very brutal and relentless. a dear friend of mine  is an igbo from Nigeria. he has so much resentment at seeing his father beheaded when he was 9 by marauding mohamadan he  refuses to even look OR sit beside one on a metro. and that's a given. u get him started and u see sheer hatred in his eyes for mohamadans that makes me look like Gandhi.
he is catholic and catholics suffering at mohamadans hands is no joke