Hello, I was just banned from CAF
(10-17-2011, 08:26 PM)Leo Rugiens Wrote: CAF is full of Neo-Caths, IMHO; or was - but since NCism has no informing principles, it's incoherent, so you can't really build anything on it.  Traditionalism has principles, so it can be argued with, and promoted. NCism seems to boil down to "The Pope is always right" - which is theologically speaking nonsense. On that theory, the Church becomes the Pope's Empire. Since NCs are fond of saying "The Church is not a democracy", they have painted themselves into a corner, because they have thrown away the right and duty to reject tosh in the form of Papal ideas: black remains black, even if the Pope says it's not black. They conform themselves not to reality, but to the Church's ideas of reality - which can be wrong.

Well said. (Though, to give you a heads up, this forum is not completely free of that mentality either.)

Pax tecum.
(10-17-2011, 08:26 PM)Leo Rugiens Wrote: CAF is full of Neo-Caths, IMHO; or was - but since NCism has no informing principles, it's incoherent, so you can't really build anything on it.  Traditionalism has principles, so it can be argued with, and promoted. NCism seems to boil down to "The Pope is always right" - which is theologically speaking nonsense. On that theory, the Church becomes the Pope's Empire. Since NCs are fond of saying "The Church is not a democracy", they have painted themselves into a corner, because they have thrown away the right and duty to reject tosh in the form of Papal ideas: black remains black, even if the Pope says it's not black. They conform themselves not to reality, but to the Church's ideas of reality - which can be wrong.

I notice that all the time there, people who blindly listen adn obey anything the Pope and bishops do, even against common sense.  And it can be fun to mention the SSPX, because everyone there accuses the Society of lying to discredit the Post Vat II church, but themselves cannot back up their false accusations.  I'm surprised I haven't been banned yet.
err.. yeah. 'sup.
Wow, let's start a club!  I too was banned from CAF a while ago.  I don't know why.  I tried to logon and it said "Banned for Aggressive Posting."  ???  I was able to send them a message and expressed concern because I really am not an aggressive person who wants to battle on blogs.  A bit of sarcasm or joking, sure, but I really could not imagine what I posted that offended anyone.  The folks on there are hyper-sensitive, lots of "how dare you" type of replies.  I asked them to tell me what I did so we could work it out.  Not even the courtesy of a reply.

I was critical of a post by one of their so-called "Apologists".  There were 4 answers over a period of time this apologist gave that were either outright wrong (per Church doctrine) or were so contrived and twisted and judgmental as to be subject to many interpretations.  :crazy:

One of them was from a lady converting to Catholicism married to a fallen away Catholic with a complex marital situation, including a previous marriage.  The Apologist gave an answer that would terrify anyone from entering the Church!  She had a quite condemnatory tone (often did). 

I could not let the questioning woman be hurt or worse, drop RCIA.  I sent her a private message and explained in simple terms a sacramental marriage, and how annulments work and the status of she and her husband.  She was so grateful she wrote me back and thanked me and said she understood much better, that my answers fit with what she had tried to understand from a Catholic book but it was too hard for her.  She said I gave her the confidence to talk to the priest about the marital complications.  :)

If CAF saw my message, I'm sure they did not like me upstaging their apologist.  They probably wanted to get rid of me, and at some point I inadvertently made an "aggressive" post by a very strict interpretation, someone complained, and that was their excuse to ban me.  I guess?

Another thing, I notice that CAF if very heavily weighted toward young people.  Not only 20's. I have given guidance or answers to 14, 16, 18 year olds.  Just kids.  Great they are there, but this drags down the whole forum to a level of ignorance.  There are non-stop posts from distraught youngsters about dating, masturbation, pre-marital sex, mommy/daddy conflicts, discerning a vocation, and catechism stuff about the 4th or 6th grade level.  After a while I felt like a combination babysitter and CCD teacher.

The most disturbing thing is posts threatening suicide or reporting suicidal inclinations.  This happens on all blogs, someone in desperation for a listening ear and kind heart will reveal these tormented feelings to any outlet they can find.  :(  On a religious blog, you expect it once in a while, soul-searching, depression, etc, and the blog should have a policy of how to handle these posts. 

Well, on CAF a "cry for help" must appear about once a week.  Possibly this is because of the age cohort.  Unfortunately, in trying to help, people start posting all sorts of bad advice.  As a psychologist, I would cringe when a desperate person was discouraged from seeking medical treatment and told to cast out demons, or such.  We cannot diagnose via internet, in fact it's illegal. 

Numerous times I contacted moderators asking them to delete dangerous posts.  I also wrote an actual letter to CAF asking them to post guidelines for all members on (1) what to do if you feel suicidal, and (2) what to do if you read such a post.  Again, they never answered any of my inquiries.

So I was not unhappy to be banned, they have a myopic and condescending attitude, as if you are a CAF member FIRST, and a Catholic second!  :flower:

Mine:

Quote:Your account has been locked for the following reason:
Agenda to derode the Ordinary Form of the Mass.

This change will be lifted: Never

Notice the lack of proper English. Some moderator!
Notice the arrogance of that "NEVER". 

Even God won't lift your CAF ban when you enter Heaven.

I bet they seek Obstats from the bishop on these ban notices!!! 
(11-17-2011, 02:53 AM)Old Lady Wrote: Notice the arrogance of that "NEVER". 

Even God won't lift your CAF ban when you enter Heaven.

I bet they seek Obstats from the bishop on these ban notices!!!   

There is no CAF in Heaven. (I hope)
So I just made so people mad on CAF for just mentioning fish eaters. They had a forum about veiling, and many people were saying that you don't have to do it anymore, so left a post about how it is still required but people just don't do it anymore, and I left a link to the FE article about veiling. Someone wrote me saying they were going to report me to the moderator and not to direct people to FE because it's all sedevacantists with disordered views of the Church. I defended this forum though, I posted another link with the page about the creator of FE and what her personal statement is.
LOL. I am close, I think. I made a post (that has been removed) saying that the OP had the right to walk out of a Mass that was sacrilegous. I mentioned that the liberal progressive camp will tell you that if you dont fully support folk music in Mass you are a judgemental know-it-all. The Mod told me I was being disrespectful and made harsh remarks towards a group of people and so was given an infraction. I was like.... huh?
(11-17-2011, 02:41 AM)Servire Deo Wrote: Mine:

Quote:Your account has been locked for the following reason:
Agenda to derode the Ordinary Form of the Mass.

Notice the lack of proper English. Some moderator!

## If you can quote your sentence to the outher darkness, well, here's mine: 

Forum Message
Your account has been locked for the following reason:
No reason was specified.