Indiana Jones Movies: A Jewish Dreamland?
(10-27-2011, 05:54 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(10-27-2011, 05:53 PM)Grasshopper Wrote: Like the second movie in the series (I haven't seen the third), it was entertaining, but not nearly as good as the first. For me, the first was a masterpiece; the sequels are just cashing in.

You skipped out on the third? The Last Crusade was the best!

I didn't avoid it or anything -- just never got around to watching it. Maybe I will go rent it and check it out. I did enjoy all of the other ones; they just weren't as good as the original.
Actually, I think Temple of Doom was one of the best ever.

But perhaps I'm a bit biased. I rented that movie perhaps a few dozen times when I was a kid.

Who doesn't remember with a mix of fondness and infantile awe the heart ripping scene? Kalima!

(10-27-2011, 05:40 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Never saw the Crystal Skull movie.

Isn't it a bit of a flop?

It's terrible, don't see it.
(10-27-2011, 05:54 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(10-27-2011, 05:53 PM)Grasshopper Wrote: Like the second movie in the series (I haven't seen the third), it was entertaining, but not nearly as good as the first. For me, the first was a masterpiece; the sequels are just cashing in.

You skipped out on the third? The Last Crusade was the best!

Some of Sean Connery's best work.

As for the OP, some people can find anything anywhere they look...
(10-27-2011, 08:24 PM)cgraye Wrote:
(10-27-2011, 05:40 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Never saw the Crystal Skull movie.

Isn't it a bit of a flop?

It's terrible, don't see it.

Yeah, it was a letdown, though it was nice to see Harrison Ford take up the hat and whip again at his age...
Ack
the crystal skull shoukd NEVER have been made
wish I hvnt seen that film
ah well
te thee ones in the series wee great
lived all 3 of then
the third is ue best
foe sure
That was not included in the film.
Meaning a non event.
Man I liked them a whole lot. It added my fave childhood comics which was Terry and the Pirates and the serial saturday matinee movies. I was in hog heaven, and the young folks though not realizing it's antecedants seemed to love it too. Classic ideas never get old, they are well liked by all.

tim
Great points, Traditional Guy. I had a film studies professor in college that alluded to what you write about 25 years ago. Of course he limited his discussion to the comedy and fun the audience is designed to have in viewing the creative ways the Nazis were bent, folded, spun, and mutilated. As he said, "they're just Nazis!".

Of course he was a young man then and was in need of tenure.

I actually thought him to be a bit oversensitive at the time and trying to lay low German atrocities. I think he was of German ethnic heritage. Either way, I was wrong and he made good points and that lecture often pops into my head all these years later.

Interesting guy, he wrote a book on Francis Ford Coppola, title Hollywood Autor.
(10-27-2011, 05:06 PM)Traditional Guy Wrote: No wonder Jews like Spielberg and Harrison Ford love making these films. They are a Jewish dreamland. 

Harrison Ford is actually only a quarter Jewish, according to Adam Sandler. 

Not too shabby.