Jesus wasn't crucified!
I didn't know the koran taught that God took Jesus to heaven before He was crucified.  Mohammed conveniently ignored a well documented event (Rome had one of the most literate civilizations ever) so that he could make himself the prophet, and displace Catholicism.  How can we expect "dialogue" with mohammedans when they don't even accept historical fact?
(10-27-2011, 10:39 PM)drummerboy Wrote: I didn't know the koran taught that God took Jesus to heaven before He was crucified.  Mohammed conveniently ignored a well documented event (Rome had one of the most literate civilizations ever) so that he could make himself the prophet, and displace Catholicism.  How can we expect "dialogue" with mohammedans when they don't even accept historical fact?

Ask Benedict that.
While it is ever my fervent hope that those in error shall find Truth and ultimately achieve the salvation of their souls, sometimes a bad dog ain't good for nothin' but shootin' in the end.
(10-28-2011, 12:05 AM)Arun Wrote: While it is ever my fervent hope that those in error shall find Truth and ultimately achieve the salvation of their souls, sometimes a bad dog ain't good for nothin' but shootin' in the end.

Well, we'd have no way of even knowing if this is the case because the Church no longer preaches anything to anyone.
Too right...
Well, if you can convince them of the historical facts, then their religion has a major hole in it. At that point, they either convert or kill you or become modern Muslims who ignore their own teachings. Of the major religions, I think Islam has the weakest cases for what it believes.
(10-28-2011, 09:40 AM)Scriptorium Wrote: Well, if you can convince them of the historical facts, then their religion has a major hole in it. At that point, they either convert or kill you or become modern Muslims who ignore their own teachings. Of the major religions, I think Islam has the weakest cases for what it believes.

That tends to be a problem. :eyeroll:
You need to consider that muslims face the threat of execution in case they apostatise from their religion. It's the real deal, not any kid's play.

I'm sure there are many who don't really believe in Islam and are just "social muslims" and even other are Christians in secret. Islamic countries are a major challenge for everyone, missionaries and converts alike.

Pray for them.
(10-27-2011, 10:39 PM)drummerboy Wrote: Mohammed conveniently ignored a well documented event (Rome had one of the most literate civilizations ever)

Actually, the crucifixion is not at all a well documented event.
(10-28-2011, 02:08 PM)ecclesiastes Wrote:
(10-27-2011, 10:39 PM)drummerboy Wrote: Mohammed conveniently ignored a well documented event (Rome had one of the most literate civilizations ever)

Actually, the crucifixion is not at all a well documented event.

It's pretty well documented for a supposed nobody, criminal, poor Jew.