The Curse Of OCPD
Dear friends and neighbors,

Thanks to help from a friend of mine in the Midwest, I have a link to an article on the accursed personality disorder I've been suffering under. The thing I can stop obsessing over no matter how hard I want to.

Here it is:

http://www.brainphysics.com/oc-personality.php

Read and ruminate. And please pray for me that Our Lord cure me of this. I don't want to live the rest of my life with this crud.

Thank you all in advance.
Gilbert, can you go see a doctor about this?

I'll pray. 
I had OCD for a year before I shook it off.  A very bad case too.  I'll pray for ya.
(10-30-2011, 07:28 PM)drummerboy Wrote: I had OCD for a year before I shook it off.  A very bad case too.  I'll pray for ya.

"Shook it off." I like that.
(10-30-2011, 04:55 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Gilbert, can you go see a doctor about this?

I'll pray. 

Bombay, it was a psychiatrist connected with my workplace's employee assistance program that finally gave me the right diagnosis for this about three years ago.

Unfortunately, neither Western nor Eastern medicine, whether so-called "mainstream" or natural, has any cure for this. The only thing that can get rid of this crap in my DNA is Divine Intervention. Literally,

So right now, no doctor can do anything about this. No wonder why I'm so angry and mistrustful of Jesus for letting this happen to me and not tell me the truth why.
(10-31-2011, 05:52 PM)HailGilbert Wrote:
(10-30-2011, 04:55 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Gilbert, can you go see a doctor about this?

I'll pray. 

Bombay, it was a psychiatrist connected with my workplace's employee assistance program that finally gave me the right diagnosis for this about three years ago.

Unfortunately, neither Western nor Eastern medicine, whether so-called "mainstream" or natural, has any cure for this. The only thing that can get rid of this crap in my DNA is Divine Intervention. Literally,

So right now, no doctor can do anything about this. No wonder why I'm so angry and mistrustful of Jesus for letting this happen to me and not tell me the truth why.

Dive into this with total focus:

http://www.amazon.com/Heliotropium-Conformity-Human-Will-Divine/dp/0895552450/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320100449&sr=8-1

Free here:

http://www.catholictradition.org/Classic...ropium.htm
Heliotropium is a wonderful book, highly recommended.
I already have that book and read it years ago. To me, it makes God out to be cold, cruel and controlling, like my Dad was when I was growing up. And he himself, along with his mom and probably her dad before her, also have the signs of OCPD.

I don't want this Disorder in me for the rest of my life. I'd rather die as soon as possible than have this in me for the rest of my life. I want to be a normal human being with normal DNA and a normal mind, not the freak that I am right now.

Thank you all for your time. :( :( :(
(11-01-2011, 02:36 AM)HailGilbert Wrote: I already have that book and read it years ago. To me, it makes God out to be cold, cruel and controlling, like my Dad was when I was growing up. And he himself, along with his mom and probably her dad before her, also have the signs of OCPD.

I don't want this Disorder in me for the rest of my life. I'd rather die as soon as possible than have this in me for the rest of my life. I want to be a normal human being with normal DNA and a normal mind, not the freak that I am right now.

Still praying.  Just be persistent like the widow and the corrupt judge.  I'm sure throwing scripture at you right now may not be helpful, I'm just saying don't give up.  There's a lot of people praying for you.
(11-01-2011, 02:36 AM)HailGilbert Wrote: I already have that book and read it years ago. To me, it makes God out to be cold, cruel and controlling, like my Dad was when I was growing up. And he himself, along with his mom and probably her dad before her, also have the signs of OCPD.

You are not a freak.  Sorry if this seems sappy, but you are a human being, specically created by God.  Christ died for you, not just some collective humanity.  He was thinking of you when He hung on the cross.  You simply have a problem.  Lamenting over it will not help. 

Let me ask, if you don't mind:  do you realize when you're doing OCD "things" and realize they are not normal or reasonable, and yet must do them, or do they happen subconsciously.  For me, realizing I had OCD and also that the things I were not normal was a major step in my recovery.  Since you were diagnosed, hope to control this is already in clear sight.