The Curse Of OCPD
(12-04-2011, 05:17 PM)HailGilbert Wrote: Dear friends and neighbors,

Here is another well-visited forum for folks suffering from this cursed Disorder and their families who are dealing with it as best as they can:

http://www.psychforums.com/obsessive-com...rsonality/

This is a Hellish thing to deal with. This is one of the reasons why my trust in Our Savior is low at the best of times. So far, humanity is not allowed to find a permanent cure for the Disorder. The only hope to be free and to be normal again is by Divine Intervention.

Please spare a prayer or two for those who suffer from this and their families as well. Many thanks in advance.

I can gladly spare a prayer or two (and more)  :pray: :pray:

Have you found any spiritual books that help at all?  Pray and try to understand that God is not a cold monster who seeks a rigid conformity. Rather He is a God who sent His Son to suffer and die for us (far more than we suffer for Him) and seeks a generous acceptance of His love - love that comes to us in ways we cannot understand, such as our own suffering. Sometimes we can't feel God's love at all and instead feel nothing but rebellion, but if we will and pray to understand it as we can, even while we are unhappy, God will reward us in the end. God has not promised a release from suffering in this life, but  He has promised a eternal reward.

But God doesn't want us to suffer if our suffering can be relieved. I wish I had medical or psychological or simple practical advice to offer you, for of course God works through them too, but I don't have anything wise to say here. 
The closest book I found to my situation is Introduction to the Devout Life. But even then, written as it was all those centuries ago, it doesn't relate to or touch on folks like me with this or other psychological illnesses. It seems to me that most of the writings of the saints never touch on the situations of people with psychological maladies, like mine or others out there.

Like the poster "drummerboy" said earlier, books are not the answer. The only cure for this right now is Divine Intervention. I don't want to spend the rest of my life, however long or short it is, with this curse. So I have no other recourse than to keep at it with Our Lord until He says "Yes" and cures me. To me, there is no moving on or moving forward until this is out of DNA for good.

Thank you very much for both your time and for your prayers.
(12-11-2011, 08:10 AM)HailGilbert Wrote: The closest book I found to my situation is Introduction to the Devout Life. But even then, written as it was all those centuries ago, it doesn't relate to or touch on folks like me with this or other psychological illnesses. It seems to me that most of the writings of the saints never touch on the situations of people with psychological maladies, like mine or others out there.

Like the poster "drummerboy" said earlier, books are not the answer. The only cure for this right now is Divine Intervention. I don't want to spend the rest of my life, however long or short it is, with this curse. So I have no other recourse than to keep at it with Our Lord until He says "Yes" and cures me. To me, there is no moving on or moving forward until this is out of DNA for good.

Thank you very much for both your time and for your prayers.

I have suggestions. Most are general, one is specific (don't laugh).

I'm thinking of the Incarnation at this time of year and its related themes, a main one being that with The 2nd Person becoming incarnate, matter itself is used in God's economy. Matter is exalted certainly in The 2nd Person being made of matter ("flesh"), and more to the point for the rest of us who are not the 2nd Person Incarnate, the exaltation of our Lady's physical body being the sacred vessel it is - not allowed the corruption of the grave.

I think it might be a snare of OCPD to focus soely on DNA and miracle. What if your willingness to at least investigate, much less, use matter itself - which Our Lord loves, that is, He uses matter so therefore must 'love' matter, and he certainly loves a willing heart - is what will draw down the most grace for your healing? I don't have all the answers, but sometimes great suffering itself is not enough to turn things around. I think it would benefit you to be open to "matter" being used because Our Lord often used it (making the mixture of clay and spittle, etc; when he could have simply cured as he did The Centurion's loved one. He cured both ways - but mark this! He cures countless times in the sacraments and matter is used in the sacraments). The DNA may be healed instantly by Our Lord. But it may not be as well. OR...a reversal or healing could come slowly (relatively speaking - meaning not instantaneously) over time with multiple natural or "matter-involved" means being used. Think outside the box! The brain is part of the body, needing its own nutrition, so it would be wise to think of the brain biologically, needing nutrients (not drugs...though drugs or medicinals may also be needed). You could think of cells, DNA and etc that way, too. I'm not saying that DNA has no part in this. I'm saying that from info you've given, other things have not helped this situation (while growing up, for example). I take that literally, and reverse it back to exacerbating influences: that good things now, can help.

A related main reason to look at matter and gradual ways & means, is because "Grace Builds On Nature". How many of us, who don't have OCPD or any MI dx, need to build nature in this very fast modern world of ours? So that grace has something to adhere to. I take this spiritual maxim relating to natural law & properly formed conscience as (also) definitely applying to care of the body, and especially illness - of any kind - body, brain, dysfunctional families/workplace, whatever. Did you know that PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) was discovered in WWII vets and that these individuals required GREAT amount of nutrients -- from real food but extra supplemental help with pure nutrients, not synthetic junk -- to address their brain/emotional malady? And they needed them, IIRC, long term.

We're made up of soul, intellect/will, body(includes brain!) and I'm going to add a 4th -- socialness (which I'll include emotions with). You've probably got the soul part covered - praying, receiving the sacraments. Striving to do good and avoid evil.

Body: So first: nutrients - for the whole body, including the brain. It cannot hurt & may be a whomper of a help, especially over time. The other basics of the body: sleep, recreation, exercise. It doesn't have to "feel" good (like the Faith doesn't have to in order to be that which we need).  Second: the intellect - reading, engaging in crossword puzzles, whatever exercises the mind (music, in listening or playing). Simple things. Third, the social aspect. Have some kind of contact everyday -- saying hi to the mailman, exchanging a couple emails -- anything. Here's the specific suggestion to treat the emotions which are called bach flower remedies (I am not a rep, lol). They are flower essences used to treat emotions themselves. For instance: Vine (for dominance and inflexibility), Beech (intolerance), Rock Water (rigidity), Cherry Plum (fear of one's mind giving way), Star of Bethlehem (shock).   http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/remedies.htm
Donna, I've picked up the Bach Flower Essences you mentioned. We'll see what happens this week with them.

Many thanks for the suggestions.
(12-20-2011, 12:24 AM)HailGilbert Wrote: Donna, I've picked up the Bach Flower Essences you mentioned. We'll see what happens this week with them.

Many thanks for the suggestions.

No kidding!  :)

I'm not sure what the suggested time period would be for useage (a month, 6 months etc;).  They can be taken several ways, and I at least can report that "diluting" by placing drops in water or other ways of making the tincture last longer DO work, you do not have to take directly as drops under the tongue to get good effect, which can make it even more cost effective. So: they can be taken directly under the tongue (one to  several drops), or the same amt. of drops put in a glass of water, and sipped (or gulped I suppose). The 3rd way I've found best -- at the place where drops are sold might be little glass spray bottles. You can put about 3 drops of each remedy in the bottle, then fill with water. Theres's a term called...sussicating (sp LOL) where you hit the bottle's bottom on the palm of your hand several times, hard...it's the same principle as when one "bruises" an herb & the aroma is released. Have you ever done that, like had a piece of fresh basil or whatever and just squeezed it gently, then you can smell its scent? The aroma/property of the herb is released by bruising, same thing with the sussicating. (Whether takien directly from dropper bottle or sprayer, sussicate it first). After it's sussicated, spray a couple times in the mouth,  3 x's, whatever you think. A few  sprays can also be put in a glass of water -- or a container of water that can be taken with one during the day.

I heard from a reliable source that "diluting" the already-diluted form (in the sprayer) by putting the spray in glass of water does not dilute the effect, it strengthens it. The reason this made sense to me maybe doesn't quite relate, but anyway, I'd had experience working w/ herbal tinctures. One was chamomile (calming) and then there was a derivative called azulene , or "chamomile blue". Beautiful, deep blue color. The chamomile blue was many times stronger drop for drop than regular chamomile...which in practice meant that it was many times gentler than regular chamomile. Better minds can come up w/ different analogy that makes sense, but somehow that did it for me. Of late, more than one of my children asked if I would "give us those drops that help with our fears" again, because we use them only periodically. Now everyone is getting sprayed (sometimes I miss a little, but they still want me to do the spraying).  Again, via reliable source + experience, there's no way to OD on these, can be taken every few minutes if necessary (like praying ejaculations).
Hey did I ever suggest EFT?

I have found it can help with certain things. PM if you are interested and I can send you a .pdf that explains the basics of it.

:)
(12-20-2011, 03:30 AM)Arun Wrote: Hey did I ever suggest EFT?

I have found it can help with certain things. PM if you are interested and I can send you a .pdf that explains the basics of it.

:)

+1
HG, just checking in to clarify that the "sussicating" should be done before use each time, but don't fret if you haven't been. Also, give it time, stay on that remedy, let it do its thing. I have personally noticed subtle changes, gentle ones, almost not noticeable (except in a few instances where the help was dramatic). Also, there may be some de-tox going on...physical or otherwise. I've had some of that, exclusively physical as far as I can tell. As soon as I noticed it, I thought stuff was coming out so it could leave. And have since been finding out this is not unusual.
Friends and neighbors,

Here is a new website that give the signs and symptoms for anyone concerned about OCPD. Simple but full of good info.

Many thanks in advance for checking it out.

http://www.ocpdguide.info/
Thanks, HG.

http://www.ocdonline.com/articlephillipson6.php --- This one has link at bottom for OCPD folks who may want to participate in research study.