UK District Superior states there will be no regularization
(11-01-2011, 04:36 PM)cgraye Wrote: You can make any outrageous demand you like and say the ball is in the other guy's court. 

I hardly think that asking for the right to not have to accept the novelties and heresies rampant in the modern Church is an outrageous demand.
(11-01-2011, 04:36 PM)cgraye Wrote: If the SSPX is going to wait until Rome decides to say, "Oops!  Vatican II was stupid, let's just forget the whole thing," then they're going to have a long wait.  I suspect it will be a more gradual process, as younger priests and bishops get into positions of power.  Then one day the SSPX won't have anything left to complain about, but they will still be outside of "full communion", at which point everyone will just have to agree to call off the feud because it no longer serves any purpose.

This will not happen. The Church will undergo a great trial very soon, it is part of the cleansing, the pope will flee Rome and you will hear rumors of wars and more natural disasters on a scale like we've never seen. God has prophecied through many of his saints the last 2000 years about our time, there is not going to be some gradual change in the church in the next 50 years. Many, many people will die soon, especially bad bishops and priests, this is how God will fix the problems of our century, it is in scripture, it is obvious. It is after all this that the Immaculate Heart will triumph and tradition will be restored in full like something we've never seen in the history of the church, it will be glorious beyond our imagination.

I don't put to much emphasis on the church reforming herself at all in the next 20 years because the great chastisement is already here, its not a matter of if, but when... billions of people will die.
(11-01-2011, 12:17 PM)DrBombay Wrote: I thought the Society already accepted the validity of the New Mass?  As far as Vatican II...it didn't propose any new dogmas, so why Rome is insisting they accept it is beyond my comprehension.

Maybe they won't be "regularized" at this time, but that doesn't mean someday they won't be.  They do have four bishops after all.  I'd say they hold most of the cards as far as continuing for the indefinite future just as they are.  Is a symbolic "unity" really desirable when the two sides still seem so far apart?

Officially, yeah, that seems to be the case.  But on an individual basis the best I've heard from individual priests is to stay the hell away from it, and at worst they've claimed it not be a Catholic mass. 
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
If this is true and Bishop Fellay will not accept either the "Rolls Royce" situation or sign the Preamble then I wonder what will happen in 10 years when the SSPX wants to consecrate new bishops?
Will the consecrators be excommunicated all over again?
What a ridiculous game!

The Holy Father should just declare the suspensions lifted [unjust or just] and let the Society operate the way they are now.
This is no skin off anyones nose [since they will do so anyhow] but they will have faculties for confessions and marriages.
Officially, I am saddened by this news if it is in fact "official."  At the same time, I'm glad the sspx is staying true to Tradition- which not only includes the Traditional mass, but especially Traditional theology.  God bless the sspx, and God have mercy on Rome.

Go thy ways, old Jack;
(11-01-2011, 04:43 PM)Atomagenesis Wrote: The chastisement will come before this is resolved. The triumph of the Immaculate Heart will fix all this mess, I don't think any Vatican II rejection will come until after the great chastisement, it just all fits in too well with whats going on now. The only way to get out of this debacle is the death of many priests and bishops, especially those who are modernist, God will cleanse the church, I have no doubt in my mind, this seems to be the only way.

+1
(11-01-2011, 04:54 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(11-01-2011, 12:17 PM)DrBombay Wrote: I thought the Society already accepted the validity of the New Mass?  As far as Vatican II...it didn't propose any new dogmas, so why Rome is insisting they accept it is beyond my comprehension.

Maybe they won't be "regularized" at this time, but that doesn't mean someday they won't be.  They do have four bishops after all.  I'd say they hold most of the cards as far as continuing for the indefinite future just as they are.  Is a symbolic "unity" really desirable when the two sides still seem so far apart?

Officially, yeah, that seems to be the case.  But on an individual basis the best I've heard from individual priests is to stay the hell away from it, and at worst they've claimed it not be a Catholic mass. 

Accepting the validity of the mass doesn't mean that one believes that people should attend it.
(11-01-2011, 04:59 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Officially, I am saddened by this news if it is in fact "official."  At the same time, I'm glad the sspx is staying true to Tradition- which not only includes the Traditional mass, but especially Traditional theology.  God bless the sspx, and God have mercy on Rome.
If in fact Bishop Fellay sees this Preamble as a compromise of the Faith, and if in fact i is, then good for him and I agree that this for the best, but how is it good that the Society will continue to have invalid confesions and marriages?
I pray that if Bishop Fellay turns down this Preamble, the Holy Father will at least unilaterally grant faculties to SSPX priests.
(11-01-2011, 05:01 PM)Walty Wrote:
(11-01-2011, 04:54 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:

Accepting the validity of the mass doesn't mean that one believes that people should attend it.

True.  But there's a big difference between a priest saying you can attend it if it's your only option and a priest saying that attending it would be a sin.  And you get that and everything in between from sspx priests.

My opinion is the former.  If I don't absolutely have to be at a NO mass I won't be.  But if it's between that and staying home and reading my missal, I'll be there in a heartbeat.

Go thy ways, old Jack;
(11-01-2011, 05:06 PM)dan hunter Wrote:
(11-01-2011, 04:59 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Officially, I am saddened by this news if it is in fact "official."  At the same time, I'm glad the sspx is staying true to Tradition- which not only includes the Traditional mass, but especially Traditional theology.  God bless the sspx, and God have mercy on Rome.
If in fact Bishop Fellay sees this Preamble as a compromise of the Faith, and if in fact i is, then good for him and I agree that this for the best, but how is it good that the Society will continue to have invalid confesions and marriages?
I pray that if Bishop Fellay turns down this Preamble, the Holy Father will at least unilaterally grant faculties to SSPX priests.

How could the sspx attain jurisdiction for confession and marriage if they aren't in communion with Rome?  Can you be out of communion and still have the local bishop grant faculties?  I don't think so.

And if you can, good luck finding a bishop who would actually grant that jurisdiction. 

Go thy ways, old Jack;