I Finally Got Some Nutella
(11-01-2011, 11:13 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote:
(11-01-2011, 11:10 PM)piabee Wrote: My best friend is allergic to hazelnuts. >:( Not being able to eat Nutella is punishment enough.

Allergic to *hazelnuts*?! Not just 'nuts' generally?

That's ridiculous.

That's like being allergic to hummingbird tongues or platypus eggs.

She's allergic to hazelnuts, walnuts, and I forget what else. She can have peanuts and almonds. Possibly pine nuts.
(11-02-2011, 01:07 AM)piabee Wrote:
(11-01-2011, 11:10 PM)piabee Wrote: My best friend is allergic to hazelnuts. >:( Not being able to eat Nutella is punishment enough.

That's ridiculous.

She's allergic to hazelnuts, walnuts, and I forget what else. She can have peanuts and almonds. Possibly pine nuts.

Nuts.
(11-02-2011, 01:11 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(11-02-2011, 01:07 AM)piabee Wrote:

That's ridiculous.

Nuts.

LOL ... but allergies can work very very specifically, just as specific as our immune systems are.  You can be immune to the flu this year and get it next year.  Of course they can generalize too.

My dad is allergies to shrimp here, but is not allergic to shrimp in India.  I don't know why!
(11-01-2011, 04:35 PM)Walty Wrote:
(11-01-2011, 11:31 AM)Aragon Wrote:
(11-01-2011, 10:45 AM)cgraye Wrote: It's really good, but I just put it on a piece of bread so far.  What are your favorite ways to use this chocolate-y, hazelnut-y delight?

Pick up a spoon, dip spoon in jar, put spoon in mouth, repeat.

Seconded.

Thirded ... except you use a new spoon each time right!!!?

Putting a spoon from your mouth into the jar ... *shudders*.
Well, I am eating the Peanut butter, Nutella, and banana sandwich for lunch right now, and it is indeed great.

Also, what is this: >:( ?

That is not the classic angry guy emoticon :(
(11-02-2011, 12:59 PM)cgraye Wrote: Well, I am eating the Peanut butter, Nutella, and banana sandwich for lunch right now, and it is indeed great.

Also, what is this: >:( ?

That is not the classic angry guy emoticon :(
  You're welcome!
Nutella yum.  I put it whatever I can, but mostly either toast or graham crackers (which is also good with chocolate frosting).
I always eat it on shortbread  :love:
(11-09-2011, 12:56 AM)Gingersnap Wrote: I always eat it on shortbread   :love:

That I had not thought of! Generally, I put it on anything I can think of: bread, toast, pancakes, bagels, etc. And when there's only a bit left in the jar, I swipe it out with my finger and lick it off. No Nutella shall go to waste! :LOL: