Prayer request for Fr. Timothy Hopkins - Shot in Miami
Pray Pray Pray
(11-22-2011, 03:27 AM)Donna Wrote: Pray Pray Pray

Amen.
Pray Pray Pray
I likewise have a problem with this being labeled self inflected as Ryan mentions. Keep in mind, the priest does all his duties during the day, even sends letters to me and others thanking them for their All Souls offering and we are to suspect this is self inflected? I've heard about people with suicidal tendencies, they go into isolation for days it seems. This is not the case. I have a very tough time in believing this.

May the traditionalist priests of Florida, especially Frs. Hopkins, Rueda, and Pulvermacher rest in peace. Amen.
Pray Pray Pray
I just learned of this tragic news. I Lived in South Florida teaching gymnastics (before marriage) from 1991-1996 and although I generally went to Fr. Pulvermacher's mass, I occasionally would go to Miami for Fr. Hopkins. He was a soft-spoken quick-witted Englishman who loved the poor Hispanic population around him.

I remember getting quite lost the first time I tried to find St. Philomena and Fr. made a joke upon meeting me that the better course of action would have been to keep driving around looking for it, rather than asking directions (as I did). What a beautiful man.

Requiscat in pace Pater.