At what point does gluttony start?
(11-09-2011, 03:37 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(11-09-2011, 03:27 PM)Servire Deo Wrote: This is really confusing. Nobody can agree on where gluttony starts.

Maybe it's better to be on the safe side and not eat snacks at all.

You're right that it is very confusing.  An NO priest might tell you that gluttony isn't even a sin anymore, but depending on the trad priest you get he might tell you to go Ghandi and eat a piece of rice each day for the rest of your life.

To not eat snacks at all I don't think is the answer.  Gluttony is commonsensical.  It's about having too much.

That said, if you want to eliminate your snacks, do it as a penance, not as the status quo.  I don't really snack that much anyways, but snacks per se are fine.  In fact, snacks can very healthy if you are hungry but not hungry enough for a meal.

This is good advice.  I think it depends on the individual.  Maybe some guy might get really turned on by some renaissance nude painting, may be another not so much( I know, odd example).  But if you're full, stop eat or don't eat.  I think that's the most fundamental point.  I recently noticed my gluttony habits as well, and it usually involved me eating when not hungry, or tking  asecond helping even though I was full. And old saying is teh best diet is to say no to a second plate.

Messages In This Thread
Re: At what point does gluttony start? - by drummerboy - 11-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Re: At what point does gluttony start? - by Tim - 11-17-2011, 11:56 PM
Re: At what point does gluttony start? - by Tim - 11-18-2011, 07:53 AM
Re: At what point does gluttony start? - by Tim - 11-18-2011, 08:09 AM
Re: At what point does gluttony start? - by Tim - 11-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Re: At what point does gluttony start? - by Tim - 11-18-2011, 04:16 PM