At what point does gluttony start?
JoniCath,
I agree, but it's rarely a mortal sin unless for the reasons I mentioned, and the signs are as spoken about above. Don't confuse mortification with eating properly. The Monks and Hermits don't eat much not because it's proper eating but in mortification they offer it up.

One more thing, I'm fat seriously, and my calories are about 2500 per day, though some days I get it down to 1500. Over the years I've seen that I don't eat much more than my co-orkers. All of this is a peamble to this, because of me being fat I'm always interested in serious articles on eating habits. In the middle ages according to stuff I read the average man ate 5000 calories, including one or two lbs. of bread. The Amish eat three square meals a day the kind a man would love to eat. My theory and I'm speculating here is that the food has changed and not the people.
I can tell you from experience nothing tastes like it used to before when vegetables were seasonal, cows weren't fed what ever, and chickens who knows what they are. Organic is a ruse to get us to eat GMO.  The US and the UK are the first two nations with an obesity problem and both eat GMO food stuffs. I'm not sure but I suspect Monsanto has more to do with this than overeating.

tim 

Messages In This Thread
Re: At what point does gluttony start? - by Tim - 11-17-2011, 11:56 PM
Re: At what point does gluttony start? - by Tim - 11-18-2011, 07:53 AM
Re: At what point does gluttony start? - by Tim - 11-18-2011, 08:09 AM
Re: At what point does gluttony start? - by Tim - 11-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Re: At what point does gluttony start? - by Tim - 11-18-2011, 04:16 PM