Himmler used the Jesuits as model for the SS.
This surprised me and is a warped manuever to make a Racist evil institution model after St Ignatius Order:

"Himmler used the Society of Jesus as the model for the SS, since Himmler found in the Jesuits what he perceived to be the core element of any order, the doctrine of obedience and the cult of the organisation. Hitler is also said to have called Himmler "my Ignatius of Loyola" . As an order, the SS needed a coherent doctrine that would set it apart. Himmler attempted to construct such an ideology, and to this purpose he deduced a "pseudo-Germanic tradition" from history. In a 1936 memorandum, Himmler set forth a list of approved holidays based on pagan and political precedents meant to wean SS members from their reliance on Christian festivities. However, these attempts were not entirely successful. Historian Höhne observes that the "neo-pagan customs" Himmler introduced into the SS "...remained primarily a paper exercise"
No wonder he failed.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(11-11-2011, 05:27 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: No wonder he failed.

Only just...
Didn't Adam Weishaupt use the Jesuits as a model for the illuminati too?  I read once that Lenin admired the Jesuits believed that if the Communists were as organized as them the would have no problem achieving total world control.  Actually when I think about it, it makes sense that the Synagogue of Satan will always try to mimic the power of good.  This is exactly what the Antichrist will do in order to deceive.
(11-11-2011, 05:27 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: No wonder he failed.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Ignatius wasn't exactly proposing anything radical. He imported military terms into a religious Order. He was as much the General of the Jesuits as the Grand Master of the Hospitallers was his own field marshal. To imply any relation to the Schutzstaffel based only on command structure is pretty stupid.
Not just terms. And he wasn't the only person using those terms at the time either.
he didn't import he fused snd founded a society that was a new model and who's original goal was the conversion of the moabamadans
his leadership was outstanding and few csn come close to his leadership  skills.
Aye he was a solder and God called him for the task
his  other gift was head hunting. He was a superb judge of charactor and his will flowed throgh the emergent Jesuits like a waterfall
the Jesuits are a good but  for jokes
but to be fsir the real Jesuits were hard men, who wih nothing othert then  A crucifix and some missals ended up wvangalizong to the most crazed savages without even having their hair stand on end
in short they had whtvhe church now doesn't
BALLS
big huge brass Holy saintly BALLS!
dk Wrote:but to be fsir the real Jesuits were hard men, who wih nothing othertje. A crucifix and some missals end up wvangalizong to the most crazed savages without even having their hair stand on end
BALLS

Yes, very true.  The Jesuits we know are nothing like (NOTHING like) "real" Jesuits.  Ignatius, Isaac Jogues and the lot.  Real men.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(11-11-2011, 07:38 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
dk Wrote:but to be fsir the real Jesuits were hard men, who wih nothing othertje. A crucifix and some missals end up wvangalizong to the most crazed savages without even having their hair stand on end
BALLS

Yes, very true.  The Jesuits we know are nothing like (NOTHING like) "real" Jesuits.  Ignatius, Isaac Jogues and the lot.  Real men.

Very true. I will always feel indebted to the Jesuits also because they promoted and pushed the devotion to the Sacred Heart and fought the Jansenists.