Why going to Mass is not Optional.
(11-12-2011, 02:45 PM)dan hunter Wrote: What sacraments are valid in protestant communities?

Baptism is valid in all traditional Protestant churches.

The rest of sacraments are valid in High church Anglican communities whose ministers were ordained by the old Catholic bishops.
(11-12-2011, 03:30 PM)Jenn Wrote:
(11-12-2011, 03:14 PM)Petertherock Wrote: PS: Jenn, if that's you in your avatar...you are gorgeous!  :grin:

Yes, it's me. Thank you --you're very kind. :)  :blush:

She's not called Queen Jenn for nothing.
(11-12-2011, 04:19 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(11-12-2011, 03:30 PM)Jenn Wrote:
(11-12-2011, 03:14 PM)Petertherock Wrote: PS: Jenn, if that's you in your avatar...you are gorgeous!  :grin:

Yes, it's me. Thank you --you're very kind. :)  :blush:

She's not called Queen Jenn for nothing.

:amen: :nonsum:
I am unable to attend Mass on Sundays.  Haven't been able to for 3 years. 

This is due to the fact that I work all day on Saturday and Sunday at a hospital.  I work from 7am until 11pm.  All day.  Both days.

The wife takes the kids to Mass on Sunday, and I try to fulfill the obligation on a day later on in the week.  We typically choose Friday to be our day to go to Mass, since the 7pm FSSP Mass is held on Fridays. 

But yeah.  Haven't been to a Sunday Mass in a long time.  I am hoping to move to a day shift in the next 6 to 8 months, though.  (We'll be taking a monthly pay cut of $200, which will hurt us a bunch.  Single income family, and all.)

Anyway, I understand that some sort of concession was made for ancillary service people, i.e. cops, firemen, or hospital workers.  Well, that's me.  Someone's gotta x-ray people who get hurt on Saturdays and Sundays.  Right?
(11-12-2011, 10:29 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: I am unable to attend Mass on Sundays.  Haven't been able to for 3 years. 

This is due to the fact that I work all day on Saturday and Sunday at a hospital.  I work from 7am until 11pm.  All day.  Both days.

The wife takes the kids to Mass on Sunday, and I try to fulfill the obligation on a day later on in the week.  We typically choose Friday to be our day to go to Mass, since the 7pm FSSP Mass is held on Fridays. 

But yeah.  Haven't been to a Sunday Mass in a long time.  I am hoping to move to a day shift in the next 6 to 8 months, though.  (We'll be taking a monthly pay cut of $200, which will hurt us a bunch.  Single income family, and all.)

Anyway, I understand that some sort of concession was made for ancillary service people, i.e. cops, firemen, or hospital workers.  Well, that's me.  Someone's gotta x-ray people who get hurt on Saturdays and Sundays.  Right?

I was in the same situation as you were several years back. I worked 6am to 6pm both days. Luckily that only happened 2 weeks out of 6 weeks with rotating schedules but during those two weeks my priest told me just to make sure I went to Mass during my days off. Of course that was during my NO days so it was easy to find a daily NO Mass to attend.

The original NO Mass had a lot of problems by itself, without the altar girls/ministers of Communion, bad music etc.

I am not obligated to go to a Mass where all kinds of abuses take place on a normal day to day basis, especially Holy Communion in the hand etc.
Can anyone here please show me the following:

1. Church teaching which says that if your personal preference is offended, you are not obligated to go to Mass.
2. Church teaching which says that if an abuse occurs (one which does not invalidate the Mass) you are not obligated to go to Mass.
Do you believe God wants you to go to a "Mass" where He is mocked and offended?

(11-13-2011, 10:38 AM)Petertherock Wrote: Do you believe God wants you to go to a "Mass" where He is mocked and offended?

Liturgical abuse happens at Latin Masses too.
Abuses can happen at TLM's...but the NO encourages abuses.