Why going to Mass is not Optional.
(11-12-2011, 02:30 PM)Stubborn Wrote:
(11-12-2011, 01:55 PM)dan hunter Wrote: If the correct form and matter is used at the NO it is a valid Mass and it fulfills the obligation and this is the majority of the time.

Sounds like CAF material right there!

Let's talk about this...correct form...wouldn't changing Christ's words be incorrect form? Or does "For all" mean the same thing as "For many?" Unless you are going to a Latin NO, then incorrect form is being used in all English speaking NO's. Let's talk about matter...I don't know how many NO Masses I have seen use anything from cookies, to Doritos, to crackers, and all kinds of illicit matter...and let's not forget grape juice, kool aid, and an assortment of other drinks including Coke and Pepsi being used for the Precious Blood.

The one thing that you forgot, is the Priest must intend to do what the Church teaches, namely, Consecrate the bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Since a majority of NO Priests (over 50% according to polls I have seen) don't believe in the Real Presence, then how can you say the Priest intends to Consecrate the bread and wine? Therefore, how can you be sure any NO is valid?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why going to Mass is not Optional. - by Petertherock - 11-12-2011, 03:02 PM
Re: Why going to Mass is not Optional. - by Jenn - 11-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Re: Why going to Mass is not Optional. - by Jenn - 11-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Re: Why going to Mass is not Optional. - by Nic - 11-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Re: Why going to Mass is not Optional. - by Nic - 11-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Re: Why going to Mass is not Optional. - by Nic - 11-14-2011, 05:48 PM