Why going to Mass is not Optional.
(11-12-2011, 10:29 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: I am unable to attend Mass on Sundays.  Haven't been able to for 3 years. 

This is due to the fact that I work all day on Saturday and Sunday at a hospital.  I work from 7am until 11pm.  All day.  Both days.

The wife takes the kids to Mass on Sunday, and I try to fulfill the obligation on a day later on in the week.  We typically choose Friday to be our day to go to Mass, since the 7pm FSSP Mass is held on Fridays. 

But yeah.  Haven't been to a Sunday Mass in a long time.  I am hoping to move to a day shift in the next 6 to 8 months, though.  (We'll be taking a monthly pay cut of $200, which will hurt us a bunch.  Single income family, and all.)

Anyway, I understand that some sort of concession was made for ancillary service people, i.e. cops, firemen, or hospital workers.  Well, that's me.  Someone's gotta x-ray people who get hurt on Saturdays and Sundays.  Right?

I was in the same situation as you were several years back. I worked 6am to 6pm both days. Luckily that only happened 2 weeks out of 6 weeks with rotating schedules but during those two weeks my priest told me just to make sure I went to Mass during my days off. Of course that was during my NO days so it was easy to find a daily NO Mass to attend.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why going to Mass is not Optional. - by Jenn - 11-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Re: Why going to Mass is not Optional. - by Jenn - 11-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Re: Why going to Mass is not Optional. - by Petertherock - 11-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Re: Why going to Mass is not Optional. - by Nic - 11-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Re: Why going to Mass is not Optional. - by Nic - 11-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Re: Why going to Mass is not Optional. - by Nic - 11-14-2011, 05:48 PM