Why going to Mass is not Optional.
(11-13-2011, 10:35 PM)Revixit Wrote:
(11-12-2011, 03:14 PM)Petertherock Wrote: "Sunday Celebrations of the Eucharist in absence of a Priest" where hopefully a Deacon but sometimes women give a prayer service and hand out Communion and according to our Bishop is OK to count as your Sunday Mass obligation when there are plenty of NO Masses within a short drive from this particular Church.

You can bet that with the decline in vocations to the priesthood, there will be more "Sunday Celebrations of the Eucharist in absence of a Priest" in the years to come.  But why do you care if you always attend the EF?

You say you don't think people should attend "Sunday Celebrations of the Eucharist in absence of a Priest" to meet their Sunday obligation "when there are plenty of NO Masses within a short drive from this particular Church."

But you don't think OF Masses are valid so why would you suggest people attend them?  Shouldn't they drive five hours to an EF Mass?  Or stay home and pray?

Also, you're talking about Masses "within a short drive" as if everyone had a car.  Not everyone does.  Not everyone can drive, either.  Also, those who live long enough usually reach a point when they should stop driving. 

This particular Church is in a wealthy area. To give you an idea, the homes around the Church are million dollar homes. Maybe you can find some cheap ones for $500,000 but good luck with that. It's in a very rural area.

I wasn't talking about myself attending a NO Mass...I was talking about NO Catholics like you, who think you should attend a NO. If you are telling me that I have to attend a NO Mass when there are no TLM's around...then why do people get to attend a Sunday Celebration of the Eucharist, on a Saturday, when there are many, many Churches with NO Masses that they could go to. If Novus Ordoites get a free pass for a Sunday Celebration of the Eucharist on a Saturday, then trads should get a free pass if there isn't any TLM's available.

There is also no lack of vocations in the traditional seminaries...just sayin'.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why going to Mass is not Optional. - by Jenn - 11-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Re: Why going to Mass is not Optional. - by Jenn - 11-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Re: Why going to Mass is not Optional. - by Petertherock - 11-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Re: Why going to Mass is not Optional. - by Nic - 11-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Re: Why going to Mass is not Optional. - by Nic - 11-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Re: Why going to Mass is not Optional. - by Nic - 11-14-2011, 05:48 PM