Kissing the Koran
(11-15-2011, 12:04 AM)aquinasg Wrote: It may have been a bad decision on the part of the Pope, but it was not blasphemy as I have amply demonstrated.

You have not amply demonstrated anything. You have simply ignored the counterarguments and simply brought up new arguments hoping that the counterarguments will be forgotten.

Quote:Also, I have not pointed my finger at a single person. I have pointed out an anti-Catholic spirit which I use to have, and which some on this board seem to lean towards. I was critizing a person, but putting out a legit warning

You are incorrectly projecting your own personal faults from your past onto others and assuming they are acting in accordance with the same fault.

Two people can react in exactly the same way and yet have two completely different motives for doing it.
We don't have to follow the Pope in all things, but let's remember what Pius X says:

"Do not allow yourselves to be deceived by the cunning statements of those who persistently claim to wish to be with the Church, to love the Church, to fight so that people do not leave Her...But judge them by their works. If they despise the shepherds of the Church and even the Pope, if they attempt all means of evading their authority in order to elude their directives and judgments..., then about which Church do these men mean to speak? Certainly not about that established on the foundations of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the cornerstone (Eph. 2:20)." [Pope St. Pius X: Allocution of May 10, 1909]

St Gelasius I in 495 accepted a novelty: "Vicar of Christ" instead of the prior "Vicar of Peter". Was this sainted Pope trying to put to much stock into his office?

Humani Generis (#20) applies Jesus's words to non-infallible encyclicals: "He who heareth you, heareth Me".

(11-15-2011, 12:06 AM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(11-15-2011, 12:04 AM)aquinasg Wrote: It may have been a bad decision on the part of the Pope, but it was not blasphemy as I have amply demonstrated.

You have not amply demonstrated anything. You have simply ignored the counterarguments and simply brought up new arguments hoping that the counterarguments will be forgotten.

This.

(11-15-2011, 12:11 AM)aquinasg Wrote: We don't have to follow the Pope in all things, but let's remember what Pius X says:

"Do not allow yourselves to be deceived by the cunning statements of those who persistently claim to wish to be with the Church, to love the Church, to fight so that people do not leave Her...But judge them by their works. If they despise the shepherds of the Church and even the Pope, if they attempt all means of evading their authority in order to elude their directives and judgments..., then about which Church do these men mean to speak? Certainly not about that established on the foundations of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the cornerstone (Eph. 2:20)." [Pope St. Pius X: Allocution of May 10, 1909]

St Gelasius I in 495 accepted a novelty: "Vicar of Christ" instead of the prior "Vicar of Peter". Was this sainted Pope trying to put to much stock into his office?

Humani Generis (#20) applies Jesus's words to non-infallible encyclicals: "He who heareth you, heareth Me".

And there he goes!
I'm not talking about motives, but about external expressions.I haven't heard any words of sympathy for the Pope. And I have answered all the "counter-arguments" so far. Just as when non-Catholics kiss the ring of a Pope, kissing something is not necessarily showing reverence for the obect, but for the person(s).
you literally made me laugh Servire Deo  :LOL:
And it's such a caricature to say I worship the Pope. I obey all his teachings (unlike others) and I defend him since he deserves our love and service. If he didn't something obviously evil I would not defend him
(11-15-2011, 12:04 AM)aquinasg Wrote: I was critizing a person
Yes. Yes you were.
Pope John Paul II has well expressed his love of Islam:

"May Saint John Baptist protect Islam and all the people of Jordan, and all who partecipated in this celebration, a memorable celebration" (Jubilee Pilgrimage to the Holy Land, 21 March 2000).

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_p...ar_en.html

Our Catholic Faith teaches us that God doesn't actively will the existence of false religions.  So, why then did Pope John Paul II?
I meant wasn't. I didn't use any names
(11-15-2011, 01:33 AM)SouthpawLink Wrote: Our Catholic Faith teaches us that God doesn't actively will the existence of false religions.  So, why then did Pope John Paul II?

Pascendi