Kissing the Koran
I've been banned from Catholic Answers forums for bringing up traditional teachings on limbo, the new mass, and the necessity of explicit faith for salvation
No I was banned from Catholicinfo because I said "some people don't like sticking their tongues out at priests". Its not my fault there was pun to that statement. I was defending those on the board who preferred communion on the hand. Traditionalist often seem like they want to shock people; but let's it with accusations
If i just wanted to get people mad, i wouldn't spend time writing all my research down in posts. Its takes no intellect to make people made.
you type with a funny accent.

what did you mean about my heart?
Well, I didn't mean to be mean, but I don't understand why people weren't saying "hey maybe he has a good explanation for why the Pope did that" and be happy about that! We should feel sorrow if we believe the Pope has done wrong. I see traditionalists seeming to have this "we gotcha" mentality with regard to the Pope or theologians ect. I use to be the same way. I don't think it is spiritually healthy
(11-14-2011, 02:14 AM)aquinasg Wrote: Well, I didn't mean to be mean, but I don't understand why people weren't saying "hey maybe he has a good explanation for why the Pope did that" and be happy about that! We should feel sorrow if we believe the Pope has done wrong. I see traditionalists seeming to have this "we gotcha" mentality with regard to the Pope or theologians ect. I use to be the same way. I don't think it is spiritually healthy

No one would be a traditionalist if people didn't have a gotcha attitude. People like Archbishop Lefebvre would have just been sorrowful and started pushing the Novus Ordo on the pagans in Africa. But he didn't. He had a "gotcha" mentality that lead to the traditionalist movement.

I have a question for you, aquinasg: When Novus Ordo priests molest children, should the Catholic community just feel sorrow or a "we gotcha" mentality?
You do it with love, not excited that you caught somebody in the act. THey are totally different attitudes
(11-14-2011, 02:34 AM)aquinasg Wrote: You do it with love, not excited that you caught somebody in the act. THey are totally different attitudes

In both cases of apostasy and molestation, there was a constant denial from the perpetrators and the sheeple they commanded.
John Paul II loved Jesus and the Church. You have no moral right to misunderstand his actions like you do
(11-13-2011, 11:13 PM)aquinasg Wrote: I wanted to bring this topic up, because I love John Paul II and I think he was treated most unfairly by trationalists. When he kissed the Koran, he was merely showing respect for the Muslims present.

Perhaps you have not read St. Paul's infallible teaching on the subject:
II Corinthians 6 Wrote:[14] Bear not the yoke with unbelievers. For what participation hath justice with injustice? Or what fellowship hath light with darkness? [15] And what concord hath Christ with Belial? Or what part hath the faithful with the unbeliever?

[16] And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God; as God saith: I will dwell in them, and walk among them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. [17] Wherefore, Go out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing: [18] And I will receive you; and I will be a Father to you; and you shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.