Changes - Amended!
(01-23-2012, 10:50 AM)su Wrote: Just because some, in their living a Catholic life, do not take it upon themselves to strongly protest what they cannot influence, it does not mean they are a part of it.

Of whom and what are you talking about here? This post is all a bit rambling and vague.
(01-23-2012, 10:57 AM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote: Which,in your case is usually code for "I will not continue to engage you on this issues because I am starting to look bad.I'll just name-call instead."
No...it is nothing to do with appearances or codes.

It is the fact that once a someone starts inserting [sic] or addressing spelling or grammar without purpose, it is clear that it is posturing instead of discussion.

I will discuss anything, but I won't engaging in that sort of contest for long because it is stupid.

Quote:Ah,now I get it. Your one of those folk who think the Church is infallible in everything She says and does.....despite Popes and Saints telling us the opposite.Ok then.I'll not be wasting my time on this...
No, but that makes a point about what is going on.

It shouldn't be surprising that Catholics who try to lead Catholic lives do not become overwhelmed with the topic of the failings of the bishops and Popes. Is there a crisis? Surely. But what matters, and what only matters, is Eternal Salvation. Being able to discuss other people at length is not a virtue and rarely useful. Being able to live the Faith with Hope and Charity is fruitful.

Just because some do not attack the Pope for his errors (and errors they surely have had), it does not mean full acceptance of every facet of his being. And your accusations here about my intent is extremely false and uncharitable.

Although I didn't think so are first I think someone was abusing the system.  CanadianCatholic accumulated about 100 negative fishies over the past week, and I just don't see what would have caused that. And no offense to Stubborn, but I have a hard time believing he's the third most popular user here.
(01-23-2012, 10:59 AM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote:
(01-23-2012, 10:50 AM)su Wrote: Just because some, in their living a Catholic life, do not take it upon themselves to strongly protest what they cannot influence, it does not mean they are a part of it.

Of whom and what are you talking about here? This post is all a bit rambling and vague.

I am talking about some, that is, some people, do not spend their time discussing the errors of others without purpose. Even if the Papacy is in great scandal, the bishops and priests confusing everyone with false teachings and false ecumenicism, and the Mass torn apart by mass confusion and errors and deliberate assaults on what is holy, what matters is how oneself is. We confess our own sins, not the sins of others. We are called to follow God, no matter what others are doing.
(01-23-2012, 11:06 AM)su Wrote: But what matters, and what only matters, is Eternal Salvation. Being able to discuss other people at length is not a virtue and rarely useful. Being able to live the Faith with Hope and Charity is fruitful.

The reality is that Salvation and the activities and teachings of the Church are intertwined.You seem to suggest they are separate. Certainly many have separated themselves from much of contemporary Church teaching as it is plainly false and misleading.That is the regrettable reality of being a true Catholic today.Discussing these modern errors then would appear to be favorable to leading people to Salvation.The current confusion fostered by Rome allows many people to feel comfortable in their sins and errors.Truly diabolical.
(01-23-2012, 11:13 AM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote:
(01-23-2012, 11:06 AM)su Wrote: But what matters, and what only matters, is Eternal Salvation. Being able to discuss other people at length is not a virtue and rarely useful. Being able to live the Faith with Hope and Charity is fruitful.

The reality is that Salvation and the activities and teachings of the Church are intertwined.You seem to suggest they are separate. Certainly may have separated themselves from much of contemporary Church teaching as it is plainly false and misleading.That is the regrettable reality of being a true Catholic today

All you seem to care about is your suspicions and how things seem. You are looking for something to condemn and attack, and you will always find it with that attitude.

What use is writing if all you will do is extrapolate from my words what you want to condemn?
(01-23-2012, 11:07 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: Although I didn't think so are first I think someone was abusing the system.  CanadianCatholic accumulated about 100 negative fishies over the past week, and I just don't see what would have caused that. And no offense to Stubborn, but I have a hard time believing he's the third most popular user here.

8 Days ago my Fish count with +220 and -195.  in a week I accrued about a hundred and fifty negative fishies.

Surely it was broken!
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(01-23-2012, 11:16 AM)su Wrote: All you seem to care about is your suspicions and how things seem. You are looking for something to condemn and attack, and you will always find it with that attitude.

What use is writing if all you will do is extrapolate from my words what you want to condemn?

Suspicions..?  How things seem..?  ???

I think you will find the crises and errors in modern Church thought and teaching are well documented.No need for suspicion and personal feeling when such things have already been empirically exposed.
(01-23-2012, 11:19 AM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote: Suspicions..?  How things seem..?  ???

I think you will find the crises and errors in modern Church thought and teaching are well documented.No need for suspicion and personal feeling when such things have already been empirically exposed.

I was talking about your suspicions in your interactions here.

It is difficult to have a discussion with you if you keep up bring up false conclusions about others.

You accused JayneK of "dubious words and apostate activities" without so much as an effort to give any evidence for such a claim.

If you are confused, it is when I asked tmw89 about what them defending JP2, and the NO, etc, and you responded for him with such a vague accusation in this thread. Those were real people you casually accused of being apostates.

And then, for me, you conclude this:

Quote:Ah,now I get it. Your one of those folk who think the Church is infallible in everything She says and does.....despite Popes and Saints telling us the opposite.Ok then.I'll not be wasting my time on this...

And then (after continuing to "waste your time"), you write this:

Quote:You seem to suggest

You should really focus on what people actually express instead of what "seems" to be. And you should address errors directly, instead of using a cloud of vagueness to protect yourself of having to actually demonstrate anything.

What good is it to go around with such accusations? That is against Charity. Fraternal Correction should be done according to what the Church has defined as proper.

Yeah, for a lot of people around here -- far too many people around here -- giving a Pope the benefit of the doubt and stating the belief that, though the traditional Mass is vastly superior, a Catholic should think long and hard before not going to a Novus Ordo Mass if that's all that's available is all it takes to call someone a "modernist." It's disgusting.

I'm starting to think that, with a few exceptions I can think of off the top of my head, I should ban sedevacantists from posting here. It's just not worth the hassle. It seems to almost always come through and get ugly.