Our Lady will be on Television
More on praying with a screen. What about all the folks that use the website and mobile at Divinum Officium ? All of those "goofs" praying the Office, reciting it straight off the screen. I remember when it was in the tens, and last I heard it was approaching a thousand. One might thnk that is pleasing to God or He would have let it die with Laszlo's passing.

No matter what or how the Madjugorje is a hoax, people praying in their ignorance is not evil. Whether they believe Our Lady is there is immaterial, and if they are praying to Our Lady, the prayers still go up, they ain't praying To the Hoax.

The crisis of faith we are in is more that most men can really understand because we ain't that smart, we are finite creatures, so while understanding that we are in crisis, I leave the judgements to the Lord, Jesus Christ, and hope in His Mercy for me and for all of us.

tim
This is such a shame, really. I wish the Church would outrightly condemn this already and excommunicate anybody who decides to still go ahead with promoting it.
Of course, Tim.

But, I don't think too many people are touching their rosaries or religious medals to their cell phones when they are reading the Breviary. It's just an electronic book. Actually it is amazing in that it has so many different versions and languages and ways to set it up for whether you are priest or deacon or a layman. 

Now even if it was always correct, and we know there are many glitches there, I am now finding that I like the page turning and putting the entire Office together in a mental construct from the volumes. But, it was and always will be, an invaluable resource for beginners or those who don't have the gumption to find the books.

For me, and I suspect many others, it has the tendency to propel one to the next level.

As an aside, I attended a workshop at Marytown a couple of years back by a man who wrote a book, he appears on EWTN from time to time. Name escapes me now. But, he said much the same as you. Whether or not you believe in Medjugorge or not, the idea of what we need to do to protect us from diabolical disorientation remains the same. I think he was slightly embarrassed as I believe his book covered it. But he was clearly changing his tune on the subject. Of course many there volunteered that they had been there or knew someone who was and that it was real.

I don't know. Now that I pray the Breviary, and lately I have been finding somedays where I can get the entire Office in, I find these devotions to various apparitions can have the effect of creating a short cut to sanctity, which can certainly be false. And they are often overblown and certainly create strife among the Body of Christ. Just look at some of the threads here. 

Next to the Sacrifice of the Mass, the Sacrifice of Praise is the most edifying prayer one can make. No laymen is bound to its recitation, but who could ever find any fault with it?

"Christian vocal prayer is seen as the continuation and the perfecting of the temple worship, since the Christian Church is by a necessary and natural transition the fulfillment of the Church of Promise."

Qutote from Vilma G. Little in her book The Sacrifice of Praise

(11-16-2011, 06:58 AM)LoyalVIews Wrote:
(11-16-2011, 03:18 AM)CrusaderKing Wrote:
(11-15-2011, 03:16 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: His Eminence, Cardinal Schonborn is celebrating the celebration Mass afterward.

Good luck with that investigation.

I wonder if he's going to bring his balloons?  :balloons:

and don't forget the blue-ish purpl-ish tye-fye hippy chasuble :)

Perhaps it would be better if this Bishop had never been Schönborn.  :-)
(11-16-2011, 03:09 AM)aquinasg Wrote: drummerboy , why would you say something so ridiculous on here? Paganism to pray in front of a computer? Now honestly, does that make any sense? If these people are dellusional, pray for them, pity them. Or be happy that Medjugorje has brought thousands of pilgrims to a greater love of Jesus and Mary, regardless of the fact that it is likely a false apparition. I am honestly disgusted with some of the lack of charity on here

I was being sarcastic.  However, the idea that Mary will bless sacramentals through a screen is a little hokey.
I want to be clear I believe that Medjugorje is a phoney baloney hoax, starting from day one. It is satanically inspired and the seers and the Franciscans are scam artists. This is where I depart. The priests dong this are bad shepherds, and the sheep, unless, in on the fix, are just praying to Our Lady, and believe in the quasi-miracles.

This crisis has murdered the part of the faith which believes in miraculous, the supernatural, and the adversary has jumped in with the preternatural hocuc pocus. The Apostles didn't need faith they knew Jesus and saw He was the Son of God. We must believe without knowing, and miracles even very old ones fire our imaginations which is as close as we can get to understanding God. I'm betting those Priests, Bishops, and Cardinals that know this is horse feathers are, to put it as Desi Arnaz used to "Dey gonna have som esplainin' to do !".

tim
My apologies
To Tim's earlier point, and to those who correctly believe that prayers by the sincere faithful in front of a computer screen do go up to heaven, are also prepared to give that same thought to sincere NO Mass attendees?

Or is that an abomination too dreadful for God to endure?

Just a thought before this thread loses steam.
Yes to what you said. There is a fisheater who is NO Mass exclusive, and that fisheater is one of the better Catholics here. I've heard it all and agree with most arguments contra the Council, but my Catholic faith tells me something so far over my comprehension is going on, that I should just shut up and Pray.

tim
(11-16-2011, 06:00 PM)Timoose Wrote: Yes to what you said. There is a fisheater who is NO Mass exclusive, and that fisheater is one of the better Catholics here. I've heard it all and agree with most arguments contra the Council, but my Catholic faith tells me something so far over my comprehension is going on, that I should just shut up and Pray.

tim

Amen to that, I feel exactly the same way.