Apparently, the TLM is forbidden in the Holy Land.
http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2011/11...en-in.html
More needless and unlawful church restrictions on the TLM.

However, this........ was interesting.
Quote:10. Priests of the Fraternity of Saint Pius X (known as Lefebvrists) may celebrate in the basilicas and sanctuaries in private and without publicizing their initiatives.

Has this happened *anywhere*?  I know annually we read of the SSPX being shunned from the Sacre Coeur in Paris (or is it Chartres?  or both?), but have we ever seen a local ordinary approve of their offering the TLM inside a church (well, I think St. Peter's Basilica has it happen...)??
(11-15-2011, 02:03 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: More needless and unlawful church restrictions on the TLM.

Quote:10. Priests of the Fraternity of Saint Pius X (known as Lefebvrists) may celebrate in the basilicas and sanctuaries in private and without publicizing their initiatives.

Has this happened *anywhere*?  I know annually we read of the SSPX being shunned from the Sacre Coeur in Paris (or is it Chartres?  or both?), but have we ever seen a local ordinary approve of their offering the TLM inside a church (well, I think St. Peter's Basilica has it happen...)??
And priests of the SSPX have been allowed to offer Mass at the National Basilica in Washington DC.

I am surprised that the Ecclesia Dei groups are not permitted to of Mass in the Holy Land if the SSPX are.
Preferential treatment?
that's just plain bizarre. 
Well, that's odd. Very odd.

Pray it'll be unforbidden (can't think of the proper word, 'tis at the tip'o'me tongue though!)
(11-15-2011, 03:57 PM)LoyalVIews Wrote: Well, that's odd. Very odd.

Pray it'll be unforbidden (can't think of the proper word, 'tis at the tip'o'me tongue though!)
Maybe "overturned".
But "unforbidden" is better.
I think the opposite of forbidden is permitted or allowed.
(11-15-2011, 03:04 PM)dan hunter Wrote:
(11-15-2011, 02:03 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: More needless and unlawful church restrictions on the TLM.

And priests of the SSPX have been allowed to offer Mass at the National Basilica in Washington DC.

I am surprised that the Ecclesia Dei groups are not permitted to of Mass in the Holy Land if the SSPX are.
Preferential treatment?

I was in the Holy Land with the Pius x pilgrimage group.  We had mass in churches all over the Holy Land.  The Franciscans were huffy but permitted it.
Quote:6. It is recommended that each basilica or sanctuary have an altar in a side chapel that allows for the celebration of the Eucharist with the back to the people.

(Emphasis added)

I do not want to read too much into the phraseology, but this seems to be a very strange way of describing the ad Orientem posture. I would think that the better way to describe it would be "facing God in the Tabernacle."
(11-15-2011, 03:57 PM)LoyalVIews Wrote: Well, that's odd. Very odd.

Deforbiddenated.  :grin: