Voris: Deafening Silence on Assisi Continues
He fear to attach the person of the Pope.
You can't be more catholic than the pope!
(11-16-2011, 03:03 AM)Jackson K. Eskew Wrote: All who participate in this thread, fat boy.

I may be fat but you look like a bloody kiddy-fiddler.

Quote:Now get to answering.

Answer is simple: he doesn't want to broach the subject and is not obligated to do so to satisfy you.
(11-16-2011, 03:03 AM)Jackson K. Eskew Wrote:
(11-15-2011, 10:47 PM)City Smurf Wrote: And who the f**k owes you an answer?

All who participate in this thread, fat boy. Now get to answering.

Ease up, Mr. Eskew!
I've heard Voris mention Assisi. He didn't say much, but it was clear he thought it was a scandal. It satisfied me at the time, but I likely don't have as high a bar as you. I'll look for the clip. There are literally hundreds of hours of videos to go through, so if I never post it I got tired of looking.
(11-17-2011, 03:29 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:

Ease up, Mr. Eskew!

Okay. Should City Smurf also ease up on such foul language?
(11-17-2011, 12:57 PM)Jackson K. Eskew Wrote:
(11-17-2011, 03:29 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:

Ease up, Mr. Eskew!

Okay. Should City Smurf also ease up on such foul language?
Hmmm. which is worse: saying f..k or saying fat?
Hmmm..
Most people are fat.
I would consider myself fat at 15% bfi.
(11-16-2011, 04:18 AM)pbmsemwa Wrote: You can't be more catholic than the pope!

Completely false.
Jackson, another person who doesn't like Voris posted this as a comment on a blog: 

Quote:What a negative view of Vatican II. Voris again has nothing positive to say about the most significant work of the Holy Spirit in my lifetime. I, too, saw with my own two eyes as a major seminarian at St. Mary's Seminary in Baltimore the changes taking place DURING and AFTER the monumental council. I was head reader at mealtime who introduced the English version of the martyrology read each day.

I welcomed the changes and the common sense use of the vernacular, the priest's actions actually visible, and the use of some of the best of Christianity's hymnology. Granted, I tire of the material coming out of modern composers, but the same was true of the pre-Vatican II steady diet of the many chant neumes such as scandicus, salicus, and climacus that I had learned to sing.

The Holy Spirit was highly active in the deliberations of the council. Cardinal Ottaviani's traditionalist agenda and documents for the council were thrown out by the bishops and the documents we were given brought us to the aggiornamento Blessed John XVIII sought. Unlike Voris and those his age, I was completing my BA in philosophy at the time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We have a schism in its beginning. Obviously the Tridentine Mass, with no changes this Advent when the new Roman Missal will take effect, will continue. Those that foster that form will remain in the 16th century in their liturgical worship, refusing to see the growth in ecumenism the Holy Spirit has fostered these past 50 years.

He's getting blasted from both sides.  :Hmm:
(11-17-2011, 06:19 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: Jackson, another person who doesn't like Voris posted this as a comment on a blog: 

Quote:What a negative view of Vatican II. Voris again has nothing positive to say about the most significant work of the Holy Spirit in my lifetime. I, too, saw with my own two eyes as a major seminarian at St. Mary's Seminary in Baltimore the changes taking place DURING and AFTER the monumental council. I was head reader at mealtime who introduced the English version of the martyrology read each day.

I welcomed the changes and the common sense use of the vernacular, the priest's actions actually visible, and the use of some of the best of Christianity's hymnology. Granted, I tire of the material coming out of modern composers, but the same was true of the pre-Vatican II steady diet of the many chant neumes such as scandicus, salicus, and climacus that I had learned to sing.

The Holy Spirit was highly active in the deliberations of the council. Cardinal Ottaviani's traditionalist agenda and documents for the council were thrown out by the bishops and the documents we were given brought us to the aggiornamento Blessed John XVIII sought. Unlike Voris and those his age, I was completing my BA in philosophy at the time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We have a schism in its beginning. Obviously the Tridentine Mass, with no changes this Advent when the new Roman Missal will take effect, will continue. Those that foster that form will remain in the 16th century in their liturgical worship, refusing to see the growth in ecumenism the Holy Spirit has fostered these past 50 years.

He's getting blasted from both sides.   :Hmm:

That man needs to do a discerning of spirits if he thinks that the Holy Spirit was "highly active in the deliberations of the council".
(11-17-2011, 06:25 PM)Servire Deo Wrote: That man needs to do a discerning of spirits if he thinks that the Holy Spirit was "highly active in the deliberations of the council".

Highly active preventing further damage is what I've heard other people say.