Voris: Deafening Silence on Assisi Continues
(11-17-2011, 06:19 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: Jackson, another person who doesn't like Voris posted this as a comment on a blog: 
....He's getting blasted from both sides.   :Hmm:

Yes, Neos are uniquely subject to attack from every direction, which provides them with plenty of fuel for a martyr complex. But as you know, this vulnerability isn't an indication of heroism or courage, but of willful blindness and compromise.

By the way, I don't dislike Voris. He seems like he'd be a pleasant enough guy to be around. I dislike the fact that he's failing to fully use his talents and resources to expose lies and falsehoods.
Who are you guys to say that the man who blasted Voris from the other side must do a discerning of spirits. He was a seminarian at the time and had to read the Martyrology in Latin, which clearly he did not understand very well. Same could obviously be said of those listening. He brings up a good point that the vernacular has a place. As far as what else he has to say, I disagree. But, you know what? He is a priest and made a sacrifice that most of us never do. He certainly has a right to be heard from and to voice his opinion. I don't know the man, but he could be an excellent and holy priest for all we know.

And I don't see Voris having a martyr complex, at least not up unto this point in time. So why the cheapshot that it is the scourge or just desert of the neo-con to be attacked from all sides? Many, if not most, people who have the courage to make an actual stand suffer the same fate.

Finally, if Voris irritates so much, why do you continue watching him? Let alone reporting your displeasure here at every "false" move he makes?

You are starting to remind me of Bobby Brady in the episode where he became a hall monitor.
(11-17-2011, 07:25 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: Who are you guys to say that the man who blasted Voris from the other side must do a discerning of spirits.

Because to say that God was guiding the Second Vatican Council is liberalism, at best.
(11-17-2011, 07:25 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: He is a priest and made a sacrifice that most of us never do. He certainly has a right to be heard from and to voice his opinion. I don't know the man, but he could be an excellent and holy priest for all we know.

You're talking about the man I quoted?  Not a priest.