Has Anyone Heard About This?
It is my strong urge to receive Communion at least in a state of genuflection and on the tongue. It's rather awkward kneeling without an altar rail, and I don't want to scandalise all the NO people around me by going all the way. Sadly all I do lately is serve the altar, and it's a very exposed sanctuary where 4-5 EMHCs all crowd around and stand to receive, so I'd look quite the prideful pedant kneeling amidst them. Call it paranoia, but it feels silly to do so.
I don't attend the Novus Ordo at all but ocassionally I'll stop by the local parish church to pray since it's almost always empty and in the bulletin there from last week the priest said that "Communion is to be received standing in the US."  So now I guess each country or each countries bishops conference gets to set the rules for how things are done. I for one will not attend Mass anywhere that requires me to stand to receive Communion from the hands of some layperson.
(11-16-2011, 06:18 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: I don't attend the Novus Ordo at all but ocassionally I'll stop by the local parish church to pray since it's almost always empty and in the bulletin there from last week the priest said that "Communion is to be received standing in the US."  So now I guess each country or each countries bishops conference gets to set the rules for how things are done. I for one will not attend Mass anywhere that requires me to stand to receive Communion from the hands of some layperson.
At the two different NO churches that I occasionally go to, almost all the congregants recieve kneeling and about half on the tongue.
I know this is the exception, but they are still out there.
(11-16-2011, 06:21 PM)dan hunter Wrote:
(11-16-2011, 06:18 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: I don't attend the Novus Ordo at all but ocassionally I'll stop by the local parish church to pray since it's almost always empty and in the bulletin there from last week the priest said that "Communion is to be received standing in the US."  So now I guess each country or each countries bishops conference gets to set the rules for how things are done. I for one will not attend Mass anywhere that requires me to stand to receive Communion from the hands of some layperson.
At the two different NO churches that I occasionally go to, almost all the congregants recieve kneeling and about half on the tongue.
I know this is the exception, but they are still out there.

That's interesting to hear. At the Church I go to the Latin Mass at the FSSP only uses once a week but they actually just finished putting in an altar rail which much mean that the NO priest at that Church is trying to move in the direction of Tradition. Maybe it depends on how traditional the community or area is. I live in a college town so the general tone of the place is predictably liberal.
It is a real privilege for us to be living at this greatest time of trial and have our Faith tested.  I say the greatest time of trial because Our Lady promised that those who embraced devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, would be like flowers adorning God's throne!!!  I don't know of this kind of reward ever being offered before.
(11-16-2011, 06:36 PM)Albino_Luciani Wrote: It is a real privilege for us to be living at this greatest time of trial and have our Faith tested.  I say the greatest time of trial because Our Lady promised that those who embraced devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, would be like flowers adorning God's throne!!!  I don't know of this kind of reward ever being offered before.

Excellent post.