Voris Condemns Modernism Yet Praises JP II
(11-17-2011, 07:40 PM)aquinasg Wrote: John Paul didn't modify the Rosary. He merely added more mysterious for people to mediate on. You don't have to use them, but you may.

So he added but didn't modify? 

(11-17-2011, 07:40 PM)aquinasg Wrote: The fact that you criticise our Holy Pontiff shows you have big issues Servire Deo. Was the rosary Mary gave to St. Dominic "perfection"? If so, why are the prayers from Fatima now added to it.

That ejaculation was added by the Blessed Virgin's request.

So it took hundreds of years for Our Lady to find the flaw in her own rosary? That's were your logic leads. Addition means original imperfection, says you
(11-17-2011, 07:50 PM)aquinasg Wrote: So it took hundreds of years for Our Lady to find the flaw in her own rosary? That's were your logic leads. Addition means original imperfection, says you

It wasn't a flaw. She warned that in 1849 legions of demons would be unleashed on the Earth. Our Lady knew what we're going...

Screw this. I'm done arguing with you.
aquinasg,

Yes, John Paul II did modify the Rosary.

The Holy Rosary is, by definition, 150 Ave Maria prayers with each decade preceded by a Pater Noster prayer and concluded with a Gloria.  There are 15 mysteries upon which we meditate when praying this weapon and shield from Heaven.

Period.  That is the Holy Rosary.
That's your definition (which rejects Fatima by the way). Mary never said 150 Hail Marias had some special power, even though it just happens to coincide with the number of Pslams. It was kinda a nice way for priests to use it along with their breviary, but not necessary, nor do the laity have breviaries. So I am not saying the Rosary if I want to meditate on Jesus's life? Is the decade of the Assumption holier than the Institution of the Blessed Sacrament. I can understand some on here not understanding religious freedom, or hatin ecumenism (as I sometimes do), loving the Latin Mass (which I do), defending CHurch history (as I have done). But this is down right filthy bigotry and it is shameless. Stop attacking the Pope for trying to increase devotion to the rosary and stop it with this schismatic spirit of trying to be different than other Catholics who like to meditate on Jesus's life.

Again, filthy bigorty. You can love what you have without hating what others have
(11-17-2011, 07:52 PM)Servire Deo Wrote:
(11-17-2011, 07:50 PM)aquinasg Wrote: So it took hundreds of years for Our Lady to find the flaw in her own rosary? That's were your logic leads. Addition means original imperfection, says you

It wasn't a flaw. She warned that in 1849 legions of demons would be unleashed on the Earth. Our Lady knew what we're going...

Legions of demons have been flying around unleashed since the battle in heaven between St. Michael and Lucifer.

Maybe that private revelation thing, is taking pre-eminence. I seem to recall that Traditional Doctrine has always been that no further revelation will be made after the death of the last Apostle.

The Traditional Rosary is made up of Pater, Aves, and Glorias, that's it. All futher add ons are pious additions. That would include the Salve Regina, the Apostles Creed, and certainly that dreadful  Fatima prayer.

The Luminous Mysteries are very good and bring us through the teaching and minsitry of Christ's life on earth. And Christ was the True Light, so says the Apostle and Evangelists. So spare me the worries about the Luminous Mysteries name referring to the Illuminati.
(11-17-2011, 08:12 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: that dreadful Fatima prayer.

Please elaborate.
(11-17-2011, 08:12 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote:
(11-17-2011, 07:52 PM)Servire Deo Wrote:

Legions of demons have been flying around unleashed since the battle in heaven between St. Michael and Lucifer.

Maybe that private revelation thing, is taking pre-eminence. I seem to recall that Traditional Doctrine has always been that no further revelation will be made after the death of the last Apostle.

The Traditional Rosary is made up of Pater, Aves, and Glorias, that's it. All futher add ons are pious additions. That would include the Salve Regina, the Apostles Creed, and certainly that dreadful  Fatima prayer.

The Luminous Mysteries are very good and bring us through the teaching and minsitry of Christ's life on earth. And Christ was the True Light, so says the Apostle and Evangelists. So spare me the worries about the Luminous Mysteries name referring to the Illuminati.

Yes.  Everything we *need* to know has already been revealed.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
The Luminous Mysteries are lame, not Satanic.
I didn't mean to insult anyone, but I find it so disrespectful to the Holy Pope's intention to use such pathetic arguments against people meditating on Jesus's ministry while reciting the rosary. Such disrespect is not traditionalism. It's sinful