Materialism obsessed - what happens when the economy collapses?
If one dresses warmly, one doesn't need indoor heating.

The Siberians do this all the time when the government fails to fix the radiators in their state-owned housing.

Be careful with the babies, though.
(11-17-2011, 02:08 PM)Servire Deo Wrote: If one dresses warmly, one doesn't need indoor heating.

The Siberians do this all the time when the government fails to fix the radiators in their state-owned housing.

I don't exactly agree with this. I have lived in homes with no heating, it sucks.
In Siberia they use masonry stoves, which are a man made masterpiece as far as heating.

It's not that my husband can't provide heat for us. It's just that it kills me to spend so much money on it. I rather use our money for better things. We are saving up for new windows, which will make a big difference on our bills, when they are replaced.
(11-17-2011, 02:28 PM)verenaerin Wrote: In Siberia they use masonry stoves, which are a man made masterpiece as far as heating.

Not in the video I saw. These people literally had no heating with the exception of a single gas burning used only for cooking.

If poor old ladies can do it by themselves in Siberia, I'm sure young healthy Americans can do it in, well, America.

Have you used electric space heaters? Keep them in the certain rooms with the door closed. That'll save a bundle.
(11-17-2011, 02:32 PM)Servire Deo Wrote:
(11-17-2011, 02:28 PM)verenaerin Wrote: In Siberia they use masonry stoves, which are a man made masterpiece as far as heating.

Not in the video I saw. These people literally had no heating with the exception of a single gas burning used only for cooking.

If poor old ladies can do it by themselves in Siberia, I'm sure young healthy Americans can do it in, well, America.

Have you used electric space heaters? Keep them in the certain rooms with the door closed. That'll save a bundle.

I guess when you said no heat, I thought you meant no heat including space heaters. I am not familiar with the details of those living in Siberia, apart from the masonry stove. I am not a wimp when it comes to cold tempatures either. I have lived in a house with zero heat. At night it went below 40. It sucked, we were all sick, our muscles were sore, and despite wearing multiple layers of clothes, we were rarely warm. We spent most of the days in a 8x10 room with a space heater. When we left that room, you could see your breath.

I can't wait to get new windows. The ones we have are old and have no insulation. It's like throwing money out the window when the heat is on.
Quote:What I don't understand is why there is a picture of a sexy woman in tight leather clothes showing some cleavage in the YouTube video still/thumbnail and she is nowhere to be seen in the video.  Is George for Title just teasing us?

I think he just wanted to show what she looked like in the still but didn't want to be focused on her with the camera too long because she probably dresses immodestly. I think that still was probably the point, to show you what she really looked like, but not to have the camera staring at her boobs all day long while he was interviewing her, this helps get to the content of the interview better.

I don't think her husband should have cheated, clearly, but at the same time, the level of superficiality is quite apparent, which may have had a motivating factor in her husband's infidelity. Birds of a feather...
(11-17-2011, 05:12 PM)Atomagenesis Wrote:
Quote:What I don't understand is why there is a picture of a sexy woman in tight leather clothes showing some cleavage in the YouTube video still/thumbnail and she is nowhere to be seen in the video.  Is George for Title just teasing us?

I think he just wanted to show what she looked like in the still but didn't want to be focused on her with the camera too long because she probably dresses immodestly. I think that still was probably the point, to show you what she really looked like, but not to have the camera staring at her boobs all day long while he was interviewing her, this helps get to the content of the interview better.

I don't think her husband should have cheated, clearly, but at the same time, the level of superficiality is quite apparent, which may have had a motivating factor in her husband's infidelity. Birds of a feather...

I don't think that is the same woman. The still of the women at the beginning looks like Victoria Beckham. Who knows?
(11-17-2011, 05:21 PM)verenaerin Wrote: I don't think that is the same woman. The still of the women at the beginning looks like Victoria Beckham. Who knows?

I dont thinks she looks like victoria beckham at all, and victoria beckham lives in England, and is much skinnier than that girl.
(11-17-2011, 05:26 PM)Atomagenesis Wrote:
(11-17-2011, 05:21 PM)verenaerin Wrote: I don't think that is the same woman. The still of the women at the beginning looks like Victoria Beckham. Who knows?

I dont thinks she looks like victoria beckham at all, and victoria beckham lives in England, and is much skinnier than that girl.

I think she lives in Los Angeles, California.
(11-17-2011, 05:26 PM)Atomagenesis Wrote:

ok
(11-17-2011, 02:28 PM)verenaerin Wrote:
(11-17-2011, 02:08 PM)Servire Deo Wrote: If one dresses warmly, one doesn't need indoor heating.

I don't exactly agree with this. I have lived in homes with no heating, it sucks.
In Siberia they use masonry stoves, which are a man made masterpiece as far as heating.

It's not that my husband can't provide heat for us. It's just that it kills me to spend so much money on it. I rather use our money for better things. We are saving up for new windows, which will make a big difference on our bills, when they are replaced.

I have only been to Siberia three times but I am pretty sure that most people live in apartment blocks and don't have any stove at all. Just unadjustable central heating and a fixed bill for that s. People who lived in pre revolution housing had masonry stoves, but if you have a house now in siberia you are either remote which means that wood is free or you are rich enough not to care about you energy consumption.

SD is right. Several weeks per year they turn if off for maintenance in your block if that happens to be January and you cannot afford electricity then it gets dammed cold.