Settings for a pressure cooked whole chicken in water??
We are trying to pressure cook a whole chicken in some water to make some broth.  Got a giant 20 quart presto pressure cooker.

How much PSI ought we use, and for how long, do you all suppose we should do this at?
(11-18-2011, 05:03 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: We are trying to pressure cook a whole chicken in some water to make some broth.  Got a giant 20 quart presto pressure cooker.

How much PSI ought we use, and for how long, do you all suppose we should do this at?

I never heard of this method. I just made stock last week the traditional way last week. Roasted chicken carcass, carrot, celery, onion, and I add vinagar to get some of the calcium to leech out of the bones into the broth. What is the benefits of pressure cooking a whole chicken?
(11-18-2011, 05:54 PM)verenaerin Wrote: I never heard of this method. I just made stock last week the traditional way last week. Roasted chicken carcass, carrot, celery, onion, and I add vinagar to get some of the calcium to leech out of the bones into the broth. What is the benefits of pressure cooking a whole chicken?

Speed, mainly, I should think. 
The benefit of using a pressure cooker for cooking a chicken is SPEED!

Anyway, my boggle with the pressure cooker has been resolved, as I called Presto and got some quick answers from em.  My next topic shall now come forth in a new thread...how to make the perfect dumpling.