Future of The Church - Next Pope
(11-19-2011, 03:42 PM)TradCathYouth Wrote:
(11-19-2011, 03:18 PM)AdOrientem Wrote:
(11-19-2011, 03:13 PM)Old Salt Wrote: His Holiness Raymond Burke aka Pope Peter II.

Two thumbs up to you, Old Salt!!  :w2go:  :w2go:

:w2go: :w2go: Have two more!!!

Three more! I predicted Raymond Burke would become the next Pope on FE about a year ago.. Women's intuition. Still, someone needs to sticky this post for when it comes true.
(11-19-2011, 04:21 PM)aquinasg Wrote: I believe, and hope, that Cardinal Arinze will be the next Pope. Come on, if the modernists have a problem we can all pull the race card on them
Cardinal Arinze would be an excellent choice, and one that I find more likely than anyone else mentioned in this thread so far. 
Cardinal Burke or Cardinal Arinze would both be fantastic. I would love to see a real hardcore traditionalist bishop (e.g.,  Bishop Fellay) as the Pope, but I really doubt that will ever happen given teh controversy surrounding the situation of the SSPX. Cardinal Burke is our best bet, I think.

Let's just pray that Cardinal Shönborn doesn't have a chance.
Bishop Felly doesn't even have faculties, never mind a red hat and a sede gestatoria!

I would not want Bishop Fellay to be a pope, ever. He seems to be as unclear and as full of double-speak as any current VII member of the curia. Now do nto get me wrong; this is not meant to be a negative comment on the SSPX. I would take Bishop Williamson any day before I took Bishop Fellay, because with Bishop Williamson 9with whom I disagree on many issues I am sure), you KNOW what you are getting. The man is, compared to Bishop Fellay, one single, unified force, take him or leave him. With Bishop Fellay, I can never figure out what he really is thinking.
(11-19-2011, 11:29 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
(11-19-2011, 03:42 PM)TradCathYouth Wrote:
(11-19-2011, 03:18 PM)AdOrientem Wrote:
(11-19-2011, 03:13 PM)Old Salt Wrote: His Holiness Raymond Burke aka Pope Peter II.

Two thumbs up to you, Old Salt!!  :w2go:  :w2go:

:w2go: :w2go: Have two more!!!

Three more! I predicted Raymond Burke would become the next Pope on FE about a year ago.. Women's intuition. Still, someone needs to sticky this post for when it comes true.

I'm so praying you're prophecy comes true, Lisa!  And here's one guy - at the very least - who'll be offering a toast in your honor when, please Lord, "Peter II" - or is it "Pius XIII"? - ascends to the See of Peter.
I can't believe all the love and support for Cardinal Arinze. The man is a full fledged Modernist. He is absolutely no friend of tradition, and his modus operandi was sabotage during the end of his run at the CDW.

He was part of the group in the Vatican, that tried to sabotage and derail the plans of Pope Benedict, and hurt any type of reform. So much so, that he was marginalized in the latter part of his career and kept out of the loop concerning the big decisions in doctrine and liturgy.
Theologically-speaking, every single Pope is "Peter II". :)

(11-20-2011, 01:37 AM)SaintRafael Wrote: The man is a full fledged Modernist. He is absolutely no friend of tradition, and his modus operandi was sabotage during the end of his run at the CDW.

He was part of the group in the Vatican, that tried to sabotage and derail the plans of Pope Benedict, and hurt any type of reform.

How's that?
(11-20-2011, 01:53 AM)Laetare Wrote:
(11-20-2011, 01:37 AM)SaintRafael Wrote: The man is a full fledged Modernist. He is absolutely no friend of tradition, and his modus operandi was sabotage during the end of his run at the CDW.

He was part of the group in the Vatican, that tried to sabotage and derail the plans of Pope Benedict, and hurt any type of reform.

How's that?

Cardinal Arinze and his Modernism has been on display for years, over various issues, from his opposition to the TLM, SSPX, and traditional doctrine, to his rabid support over everything Vatican II. Different examples and stories have surfaced on the net in different forums and blogs like Rorate, FE, and AQ.

Just to name one example, his opposition to the TLM, and his attempt to derail and suppress greater freedom for it, led to him being kept out of the loop over Summorum Pontificum. He was given no control or access over the details of SP. He was part of the whole Sodano/Bertone/Re cabal in the Vatican.

One of the biggest expose of Cardinal Arinze's Modernism, is found in Fr. Malachi Martin's book Windswept House. The character of "Cardinal Azande" in the book, is Cardinal Arinze.
I think Cardinal Arinze would still be good, as a kind of stop-gap between a new Pius XIII-type Pope. However, I have seen implicitely that he objects to the Latin Mass. In one of the videos online of him asking questions on liturgical matters, he seems to imply that those who prefer the Latin Mass do so out of a vanity affair - a kind of shallow preference rather true theological conviction. At least, that is what it seemed like to me that he was saying but I may be wrong and I hope I am.

Either way, I would like for Cardinal Rajinth. In his country he has made it law (not that it was ever not law) to kneel and receive on the tongue as far as I can remember. He also celebrated the Latin Mass in private as far as I know.

But the Holy Spirit will do as He pleases - and for that I am thankful.
(11-20-2011, 01:20 AM)maldon Wrote: Bishop Felly doesn't even have faculties, never mind a red hat and a sede gestatoria!

I would not want Bishop Fellay to be a pope, ever. He seems to be as unclear and as full of double-speak as any current VII member of the curia. Now do nto get me wrong; this is not meant to be a negative comment on the SSPX. I would take Bishop Williamson any day before I took Bishop Fellay, because with Bishop Williamson 9with whom I disagree on many issues I am sure), you KNOW what you are getting. The man is, compared to Bishop Fellay, one single, unified force, take him or leave him. With Bishop Fellay, I can never figure out what he really is thinking.

Of course I would think that Bishop Williamson would be the best pope since St. Pius X, but let's get real here - he has no chance at all of getting elected.  In reality, neither does Bishop Fellay, but his miniscule chances are exceedingly greater than Bishop Williamson's chances.

I also disagree with your opinion about Bishop Fellay.  He is still a member of the Society, and he still has a very hardline stance against Vatican II and the New Mass.  If he were the Pope, IMO there would be no pussy-footing around regarding either of those two ecclesiastical catastrophes - he would almost immediately deal with them because of the tremendous destruction both have caused to the Faith (that is either re-writing, clarifying or declaring utterly null and void Vatican II and condemning the Novus Ordo Mass as non-Catholic worship).

Regardless of all this assumption, it is still my prayer that our current Holy Father quits waving both flags and becomes a true traditional Catholic.  I will always pray for the current pope due to the respect that I hold to the Chair, even though I am not afraid to resist him when what he says and does doesn't measure up with the yardstick of Tradition.  May God Bless Pope Benedict XVI and give him sight and courage to do what is necessary in these troubling times.