Future of The Church - Next Pope
I am going long death. And plenty of it. Enough of a chastisement to write a good country and western song about it. If there is another election prior to God intervening I will be sad.
(11-19-2011, 11:29 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Three more! I predicted Raymond Burke would become the next Pope on FE about a year ago.. Women's intuition. Still, someone needs to sticky this post for when it comes true.
I predict that Cardinal Burke will not become pope. I think he would be a good pope, but he is an American. Christians in predominantly muslim countries are already being blamed for the U.S. bombings and assasinations, and an American pope would open the gates for all kind of conspiracy theories, for which those Christians would have to suffer.
My theory is that we will get a poacher turned gamekeeper Pope.  Some right modernist will have a Pauline type conversion and because he knows where all the bodies are buried he'll be able to clean out the (augean) stables.

Perhaps witnessing a Vatican machine gun massacre will convert a few modernists.  I wonder if the arrows mentioned in the 3rd secret are rocket propelled grenades.
My personal opinion is that a future pope (maybe the next one, maybe not) will fervently condemn the errors of the day which will cause the public split of the official structure of the Church, which is most needed.  It will allow the two religions within the ecclesiastical structure of the Church to be publicly separated, and there will then be two "Catholic' churches, both with their own "pope."  One of these Catholic Churches will be the one true Faith of all-time, and the other will be the usurper religion calling itself "Catholicism" that infiltrated in the middle of the 20th century.  As of right now and since Vatican II both of these religions have existed in close proximity due to the usurpation, but I believe that the time is coming when they will be visibly separated, forcing all who claim the religion of Catholicism to choose a side.

Anyway, if this happens, the true Catholic Church, which will probably be much smaller than the false one, will be hated by the world for publicly teaching the true religion with clarity and verve, and we will be persecuted for it.  Just my two cents.
(11-20-2011, 09:48 AM)Nic Wrote: My personal opinion is that a future pope (maybe the next one, maybe not) will fervently condemn the errors of the day which will cause the public split of the official structure of the Church, which is most needed.  It will allow the two religions within the ecclesiastical structure of the Church to be publicly separated, and there will then be two "Catholic' churches, both with their own "pope."  One of these Catholic Churches will be the one true Faith of all-time, and the other will be the usurper religion calling itself "Catholicism" that infiltrated in the middle of the 20th century.  As of right now and since Vatican II both of these religions have existed in close proximity due to the usurpation, but I believe that the time is coming when they will be visibly separated, forcing all who claim the religion of Catholicism to choose a side.

Anyway, if this happens, the true Catholic Church, which will probably be much smaller than the false one, will be hated by the world for publicly teaching the true religion with clarity and verve, and we will be persecuted for it.  Just my two cents.

This is a really interesting prediction. What do you make of the fact that most younger practicing Catholics tend to be neo-cons rather than liberal, and might then follow whatever a future Pope decided?
(11-20-2011, 01:37 AM)SaintRafael Wrote: I can't believe all the love and support for Cardinal Arinze. The man is a full fledged Modernist. He is absolutely no friend of tradition, and his modus operandi was sabotage during the end of his run at the CDW.

He was part of the group in the Vatican, that tried to sabotage and derail the plans of Pope Benedict, and hurt any type of reform. So much so, that he was marginalized in the latter part of his career and kept out of the loop concerning the big decisions in doctrine and liturgy.
Cardinal Arinze is not a full fledged modernist but he is no real friend of the Traditional Latin Mass.
He once said, and I paraphrase extremely, that "he does not understand why anyone would want the older Liturgy".
Having said that His Eminence recently offered the TLM at Holy Name of Jesus church in Providence Rhode Island USA.
(11-20-2011, 09:48 AM)Nic Wrote: My personal opinion is that a future pope (maybe the next one, maybe not) will fervently condemn the errors of the day which will cause the public split of the official structure of the Church, which is most needed.  It will allow the two religions within the ecclesiastical structure of the Church to be publicly separated, and there will then be two "Catholic' churches, both with their own "pope."  One of these Catholic Churches will be the one true Faith of all-time, and the other will be the usurper religion calling itself "Catholicism" that infiltrated in the middle of the 20Th century.  As of right now and since Vatican II both of these religions have existed in close proximity due to the usurpation, but I believe that the time is coming when they will be visibly separated, forcing all who claim the religion of Catholicism to choose a side.

I actually agree with that entire assertion....Especially if it is a very Orthodox Pope.
(11-20-2011, 10:43 AM)Old Salt Wrote: Cardinal Arinze is not a full fledged modernist but he is no real friend of the Traditional Latin Mass.
He once said, and I paraphrase extremely, that "he does not understand why anyone would want the older Liturgy".

How in the world can you say he is not a Modernist if he had said those words that always make me tremble.."does not understand why anyone would want the older Liturgy"
I'm sorry, but that is just deception and Modernism written all over it!!

Believe me, I get that same garbage from my family and it makes me feel so inadequate and angry at them!!
(11-20-2011, 01:28 AM)AdOrientem Wrote:
(11-19-2011, 11:29 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
(11-19-2011, 03:42 PM)TradCathYouth Wrote:
(11-19-2011, 03:18 PM)AdOrientem Wrote:
(11-19-2011, 03:13 PM)Old Salt Wrote: His Holiness Raymond Burke aka Pope Peter II.

Two thumbs up to you, Old Salt!!  :w2go:  :w2go:

:w2go: :w2go: Have two more!!!

Three more! I predicted Raymond Burke would become the next Pope on FE about a year ago.. Women's intuition. Still, someone needs to sticky this post for when it comes true.

I'm so praying you're prophecy comes true, Lisa!  And here's one guy - at the very least - who'll be offering a toast in your honor when, please Lord, "Peter II" - or is it "Pius XIII"? - ascends to the See of Peter.

OK - Four very enthusiastic endorsements!

Although I regret that I agree with what Freudentaumel has said that an American Pope is very unlikely ... an American who was sufficiently outstanding and possibly charismatic just might have a chance ...

Personally I think an American Pope would be a very good thing. I wonder how America would respond ... I do think a traditionally minded American Pope could do wonders for the Faith in America ...

So I am very interested in your prediction Lisa. Would love you to expand.

Or to hear any more from anybody about this very interesting cardinal, why they support him - as well as what they think an American papacy might bring

Come on, tell me/us more about Cardinal Burke!

My choices:

Bishop Athenasius Schneider, consecrated 2006 by Pope Ben XVI, he of 'Dominus Est' fame and strident call to Catholics in the West (and universally of course) to receive Our Lord in the Eucharist on the tongue kneeling down.

If not him then a Latin American Pope like, say Bishop Rifan the Tradititional ecclesiastical head of Campos, Brazil.

What do you think?