Jewish Laws Against Non-Jews

"The Laws Against Non-Jews In 2 Mins"

12:23

:sneaky:
Wow, so this is all actually in the Halacha...and some other strange ones I noticed while I was looking up the ones from that clip.

Halacha 5
"Similarly, a Jewish child should not be entrusted to a gentile with the intent that he teach him to read or teach him a craft, for all gentiles are suspect to engage in homosexual relations."

Halacha 6
"We do not entrust an animal, beast, or fowl to a gentile shepherd, not even a male animal to a male shepherd and a female animal to a female shepherd, because they are all suspect to sodomize animals."

This is not the religion of the Old Testament.
Shahak also made a statement once that all Jewish children were taught to place a curse on non- Jewish cemetaries when walking past them.Kind of a dilema if you know anything about curses and Jews ( considered sinful ) The man was and still is admired by Neo-Nazis,Islamic Radio announcers,David Duke and other assorted nutbars who despise Catholics almost as much as they despise Jews.Can't wait to bring this up to my cardiologist ( devout Jew ),as Shahak also claims the Halacha forbids Jewish physicians from treating gentiles.BTW,my Jewish wife wants to know when someone is going to post the  Christian laws against Jews,numerous ones that are reportedly still on the books
(11-20-2011, 03:55 PM)pander44 Wrote: Shahak also made a statement once that all Jewish children were taught to place a curse on non- Jewish cemetaries when walking past them.Kind of a dilema if you know anything about curses and Jews ( considered sinful ) The man was and still is admired by Neo-Nazis,Islamic Radio announcers,David Duke and other assorted nutbars who despise Catholics almost as much as they despise Jews.Can't wait to bring this up to my cardiologist ( devout Jew ),as Shahak also claims the Halacha forbids Jewish physicians from treating gentiles.BTW,my Jewish wife wants to know when someone is going to post the  Christian laws against Jews,numerous ones that are reportedly still on the books

I really doubt "all" Jewish children are taught anything any more than "all" Catholic children are taught anything. And I doubly doubt it when considering "Jewish" here as an ethnic group rather than a religion. And I doubt Shahak -- who is ethnically Jewish and a practicing Christian -- would use the word "all" there.

But as to Jews (a group of religious practitioners, not an ethnic group, which is of no concern to any sane person) and curses, I believe you are wrong. From "My Jewish Learning" website: 

My Jewish Learning Website Wrote:In Rabbinic Literature

The Sages elaborate upon these biblical beliefs (Makkot 11a; Eruvin 18b-19a; Terumah 3b-4a; Makkot 16a). Demons as well as human beings can utter curses. Using a curse can actually invite unwanted demonic attention on the person uttering the curse. The talmudic sage Rav reportedly had the power to curse others with sterility (Shabbat 108a).

At least one sage, Joshua ben Levi, had the power to curse crops. In the Jerusalem Talmud, Tractate Hagigah, we read that the curse of Simeon ben Shetah's son was considered so potent that eighty witnesses recanted their perjury rather than see his curse realized.

Post-Talmudic Texts

In Hebrew magical texts of late antiquity, several aggressive or "binding" spells are to be found. Most are aimed at demons, but a few are directed against other human beings. Texts such as Sefer ha-Razim and Sword of Moses, which have moved beyond the constraints of rabbinic prohibitions, are the most flagrant in the kind of curses they record.

Sefer ha-Razim, for example, teaches that the "angels of Himah" (wrath) that occupy the second camp of the first level of heaven will carry out a variety of curses at the command of the properly prepared adept: they will inflict "combat and war and are ready to torment and torture a man to death." Specific curse formulae include capsizing a boat, collapsing a wall, sending someone into exile, breaking bones, blinding and/or laming, even undermining business dealings.

Medievals believed that even reading those portions of the Torah that recount God's curses against disobedient Israel (Deuteronomy 27-28) could result in those curses being realized, so those portions were read rapidly in a whisper, a custom still observed today in many congregations.

The exact mechanism of cursing varies. As noted above, a curse can follow simply because of an utterance. Jewish magical texts, however, generally require more effort. Sefer ha-Razim, aping Greek pagan magical practices, requires materia magica along with specific rituals and incantations. Timing and astrological influences can also increase or mitigate the power of a curse.

The practice of cursing is still with us. In a much publicized event during the 1994 Israeli elections, a Kabbalist put a pulsa denura (lashes of fire) curse on candidate Yitzhak Rabin because he supported territorial compromise with the Palestinians.

Re. your cardiologist: the issue isn't medically treating Gentiles; it's doing so on the Sabbath. And maybe your cardiologist isn't Orthodox. Or if he is, he's not a "good" one.

As to Christian laws against Jews, are you talking about the ones that are designed to protect Christians from usury and such? You can read, for ex., Quo Primum here.
Nah,my cardiologist isn't very good,just one that up till a couple of years ago was one of few on the East Coast who pioneered the use of electro-cardio physiology for treatment of atrial fib.But if you mean he is not a good Jew or not,that I don't want to say..........unless you mean does he do his normal 3 times a day prayers,attendence ( regular ) at the synagogue,eating kosher,etc.all of which he does.And Shalak did promote the story about the children saying curses,just as he also promoted the Shabbat deal about not caring for Gentiles,.......oh you forgot to tell everyone about the hoax ( or outright lie if you will ) to promote his invective.And I am talking about the laws that confined Jews to restricted areas in certain cities,convert or get run out of town,etc.etc.I believe there is a website,torah.org or com,can't remember which one that gives a detailed description about curses.Or you can just refer to the Bible,where it is only God's word and not interpretation by man.I do find it interesting that you would post a possible inflammatory video that is designed for one thing and one thing only.Now if you would honor my e-mail request I will gladly move on
There was one too many L's on the end of that A Quo Primum link.  Here it is.
http://www.fisheaters.com/aquoprimum.html

Quite the revealing video.
(11-20-2011, 06:19 PM)pander44 Wrote: Nah,my cardiologist isn't very good,just one that up till a couple of years ago was one of few on the East Coast who pioneered the use of electro-cardio physiology for treatment of atrial fib.But if you mean he is not a good Jew or not,that I don't want to say..........unless you mean does he do his normal 3 times a day prayers,attendence ( regular ) at the synagogue,eating kosher,etc.all of which he does.And Shalak did promote the story about the children saying curses,just as he also promoted the Shabbat deal about not caring for Gentiles,.......oh you forgot to tell everyone about the hoax ( or outright lie if you will ) to promote his invective.And I am talking about the laws that confined Jews to restricted areas in certain cities,convert or get run out of town,etc.etc.I believe there is a website,torah.org or com,can't remember which one that gives a detailed description about curses.Or you can just refer to the Bible,where it is only God's word and not interpretation by man.I do find it interesting that you would post a possible inflammatory video that is designed for one thing and one thing only.Now if you would honor my e-mail request I will gladly move on

Yeah, either your cardiologist is a kosher-keeping, orthodox Orthodox who practices the classic Jewish religion or he isn't. If he is, then he would likely know about the laws against treating Gentiles at certain times. My doctor is Jewish, too (I believe anyway), isn't Orthodox in any case, and would treat treat me on a Saturday.

I didn't say Shahak didn't promote the story about the children saying curses; I said he didn't say "all" Jewish children were taught such things. But what Orthodox children are taught can be gleaned from the numerous articles about Jewish kids spitting on Christians in Eretz Israel. For ex., from haaretz.com:
[html]
Quote:Kronish, of the Interreligious Coordinating Council, said the spitting is rooted in "penned-up anger" about the long history of Christian anti-Semitism. "The Haredim give their children a distorted education, which is conducive to such behavior," he said. Despite the recent decline in spitting incidents, he asserts the "underlying fear and ignorance is still there" and can only be combated if people learn about the other.
[/html]
The Jewish religion doesn't follow " the Bible,where it is only God's word and not interpretation by man," but also the Talmud and other rabbinic writings.

I'm not sure what you think my reason is for posting a video you see as "designed for one thing and one thing only," or what you see the video's purpose as being. But what is said in the video happens to be true, and my posting it is to show what Orthodox Judaism teaches. Note I said Orthodox Judaism -- not "what Jews in general teach their kids," not "what all Jews teach or believe," not what Paul Simon or Mel Brooks or Barbara Walters, et. al., or anyone else who happens to have a Jewish parent or two necessarily believe. Not what "Reformed Judaism" teaches. I am not talking about a "race" or ethnic group or "Hebrews" but about a religion: namely classical, Orthodox Judaism. Sorry if you don't like what it teaches (I sure don't ) or don't like videos that show what it teaches, but it's true.

I don't delete accounts except those of spammers, BTW (and my own accidentally recently LOL)
There are also many other rabbinical sources and halachic interpretations that refute the whole concept of Shahaks statements,evidently the person in the video did not feel it was necessary to make reference to them.and as far as an Orthodox Jewish doctor treating a Gentile on Shabbat,I don't recall seeing my family doctor ( not the cardio doc ) on a Sunday when I was in for an appendectomy or gall bladder removal ,in fact saw him everyday but Sunday.For that matter how many doctors of any faith do any sort of treatment,short of a bonafide emergency on the Sabbath.And I still have to ask why post a video on a forum when you have people who are ready to pounce on any article,statement,video etc.that does not correspond to their beliefs,knowing full well that few if any will do any cross checking on the total validity of these items.And about the Jewish kids spitting on Christian kids in Israel,I suppose you are going to tell me the opposite doesn't happen anywhere else,right?Used to see it,and worse,on a daily basis.
(11-20-2011, 03:11 PM)Pheo Wrote: Halacha 5
"Similarly, a Jewish child should not be entrusted to a gentile with the intent that he teach him to read or teach him a craft, for all gentiles are suspect to engage in homosexual relations."

Wow, funny, and Trad Catholics accuse the Jews of starting the homosexual revolution....funny what happens when all you do is throw rocks at eachother.