Jewish Laws Against Non-Jews
aye. i always found it a bit odd how one cant rip toilet paper on the Sabbath (u rip it all the night before) but can have sex.
guess I'm a nut
sip
but never was able to really understand that one. Purim is fun though. getting smashed and reciting the Hebrew alphabet backwords was allot of fun. and few things stack up to getting wasted and batting hasids payos to see what will happen
LOL
all sorts of fun things u can do
sip
:LOL:  I was wondering when batting hasids payos was going to come up.  Is there a law against that too?  Are you just allowed to do it to in-laws?  Or anyone that wears payos?  Or none?  Is it a sin against God (sorry G_d) or just a sin against those wearing the payos? :LOL:
(11-22-2011, 07:17 AM)pander44 Wrote: Agree about the pushing the envelope on the law(s).Latest one I read was if  it has been arranged for a non-Jew to drive a Jew to the synagogue on Shabbat,to try and keep all the interior lights of the car out,as this would lead to a violation of not lighting a fire for lighting purposes.Then again,are there not Christians who also go to extremes on minor details?Also laws and ordinances in boroughs,towns,cities,etc.that seem absolutely ludicrous to us now,but weren't when they were written?Ever live somewhere that states if you are going to drink a beer out of the house on a Sunday,you have to do in in your back yard where no one passing by should be able to see you?Extremism.blechh!

Yeah there's this ridiculous law against drinking and driving too.  I guess we can blame the MADD women for that.  Sheesh. 
speaken o which the director of madd got snagged on a DUI
LOL
its all over the net
I support DAMM - Drunks Against Mad Mothers.  :grin:
I know a lot of secular Jews, some right in my own family, none of them believe in that kooky Orthodox crap.

I'm sorry but what some of these people believe in pure insanity.

Wasn't that Jesus's beef with the Pharisees to begin with? Them and all their goofy rules?

Christ knew they really didn't care about God or the people, he knew they were full of it and a bunch of hypocrites.

Not much has changed in 2000 yrs.
(11-22-2011, 08:54 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: speaken o which the director of madd got snagged on a DUI
LOL
its all over the net

You're kiddin.  Ha ha ha.
no im not ill dig up the link
here u go.
thats former director
http://www.myfoxorlando.com//dpp/news/ma...ed-for-dui

sip
"Debra Oberlin, 48, was arrested around 1:00 a.m. February 18 after police say the car she was driving was swerving on Northwest 39th Street. According to the arrest report she was given two breathalyzer tests and measured .234 and .239. The limit in Florida is .08."

Naughty, naughty. lol