The Double-headed eagle
(11-21-2011, 08:47 PM)Walty Wrote:
(11-21-2011, 08:45 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: I believe the origin of the double-headed eagle in Europe is roman, dating to the period when the empire was split between east and west. Whereas before the roman eagle had just one head, now it had to have two, each looking to its respective cardinal point.

The Holy Roman Empire saw himself as a continuation of the Roman Empire, by the principle of translatio imperii, hence the adoption of the double-headed eagle. The Habsburgs from the 16th century onwards were invariably Holy Roman Emperors so it's only natural that the eagle should find its way into their regalia.

As for the Russians, we all know how they considered Moscow to be the Third Rome, so that explains it too.

As for the Freemasons, I don't know. I'll have to look it up.

The Masons are Satanic and may use it simply as a mocking of the Church and the Roman Empire.

Yeah I guess that all makes sense.  And the mason picked it up as either a mockery of the Church or something about this ancient Sumerian god Ningirsu.  "In another legend, Ninurta (or Ningirsu) battles a birdlike monster called Imdugud."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ningirsu

I find this all fascinating because in Anne Catherine Emmerich's prophecies she connects Semiramis and freemasonry as an enemy of the Church.  Semiramis is believed to be either Nimrod's consort or mother.  Freemasons claim Nimrod was a founder of freemasonry.  You know, Nimrod the great-grandson of Noah who commissioned the building of the tower of babel.

Nimrod
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimrod
"Nimrod figures in some very early versions of the history of Freemasonry, where he was said to have been one of the fraternity's founders. According to the Encyclopedia of Freemasonry: The legend of the Craft in the Old Constitutions refers to Nimrod as one of the founders of Masonry. Thus in the York MS., No. 1, we read: "At ye making of ye toure of Babell there was a Masonrie first much esteemed of, and the King of Babilon yt called Nimrod was a Mason himself and loved well Masons." However, he does not figure in the current rituals."

Sumeria or Sumer was in ancient Babylonia between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, in modern day Iraq.  You know, Babylon from the Bible.

[Image: Cities_of_Sumer_%28en%29.svg]

From http://www.hunmagyar.org/turan/
"The descendants of these Sumerian-related peoples were known as the Scythians, Sarmatians, Medes, Parthians, Chorasmians, Kushans, Huns, Avars, Bulgars, Khazars and Magyars, among others, and gave rise to the Finnic and Turkic-Mongolian ethnic groups."

There are two interesting legends on the Nimrod page above.  "In Armenian legend, the ancestor of the Armenian people, Hayk, defeated Nimrod (sometimes equated with Bel) in a battle near Lake Van."  And "In the Hungarian legend of the Enchanted Stag ...  The twin sons of King Nimród, Hunor and Magor, each with 100 warriors, followed the White Stag through the Meotis Marsh, where they lost sight of the magnificent animal. Hunor and Magor found the two daughters of King Dul of the Alans, together with their handmaidens, whom they kidnapped. Hungarian legends held Hunor and Magyar (aka Magor) to be ancestors of the Huns and the Magyars (Hungarians), respectively."  The Meotis Marsh is on the north east side of the Black Sea.  A good question is did they go there willingly or did the Armenian people drive them north of the Caucasus Mountains to the north east side of the Black Sea.  

We then see maps of the Scythians and Sarmatians on the north and east of the Black Sea akin to the Hungarian legend.  The Scythians are mentioned in the Bible.  The good Samaritan from the Bible or the Samaritans should not be confused with the Sarmatians.

[Image: Scythia-Parthia_100_BC.png]

In later maps we see this same area north and east of the Black Sea as Khazaria.

[Image: Khazaria_map_from_600_till_850.jpg]

The Jews of Khazaria
http://www.khazaria.com/brook.html
"In the ninth century, the Khazarian royalty and nobility as well as a significant portion of the Khazarian Turkic population embraced the Jewish religion. After their conversion, the Khazars were ruled by a succession of Jewish kings and began to adopt the hallmarks of Jewish civilization, including the Torah and Talmud, the Hebrew script, and the observance of Jewish holidays. A portion of the empire's population adopted Christianity and Islam."  I have previously read that this Khazar conversion to Judaism happened around 740 AD.  "Ashkenazic Jews who wish to explore their distant ancestry in eastern Europe will greatly benefit from reading this book, particularly Chapter 10, which traces Jewish migrations across Europe in medieval times."  The Ashkenazic Jews make up the largest portion of world Jewry today.

The unedited full-text of the 1906 Jewish Encyclopedia
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articl...reemasonry
"Freemasonry
The institutions, rites, and principles of a secret society devoted to the promotion of fraternal feeling and morality among the members of the order. In its modern form it appears to have arisen in London in 1717, and thence spread through the British Isles to the Continent, reaching North America about 1729. In the preliminary stages which led up to freemasonry, there are traces of the influence of Judah Templo, the constructor of a model of Solomon's Temple, who visited England in the reign of Charles II. A coat of arms said to have been used or painted by him resembles greatly that adopted later by the freemasons of England ("Transactions Jew. Hist. Soc. Eng," ii.). The society claims affiliation with the ancient craft of working masonry, and by this means traces back much of its symbolism and ritual to the building of the First Temple by Solomon."

This shows Anne Catherine Emmerich's prophetic connection from Semiramis to freemasonry, the enemies of the Church.  The eternal battle between good and evil.        
(11-21-2011, 09:44 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: actually the double headed eagle was first used by the very first indo European empire.
the Hittites. as can still be seen in ruins of Hattusas. the wiki article is in error when it claims Bogazkoy was a capital. Bogazkoy is a village upon the site of what was hattusas which was the hittite capital. not Bogazkoy. just keepin it real
it was one of their imperial  signs. double headed animals are a fairly large part of Hittite art. which was heavily  influenced by Hurrian motifs and mythology. but it is also found in early neolithic sites such as catal huyak. but not as an imperial  standard as no empires then existed.. the Hittites whom were indo European speaking are the first known to use it and use it widely they did.
sip
it mayhave followed the Etruscans from Asia minor to Italy. the Etruscans while non indo European speaking shared allot of cultural similarity's with the Hittites. and according to Roman tradition Asia minor is were botht he Etruscans were from as well as Aeneas the Pius of Troy.
the fasce is also of Etruscan origin so its not a stretch the double headed eagle r mayhave came to Rome through them. either way the Hittites are the first

sip
as an aside we do the red and say the black cuz thats what the etruscans did to.
sip

That is very interesting DK because I have read that the Hittites were either connected to or were the predecessors of the Armenian people.  Which fits with the entire story above starting with the legend of the Armenian people led by Hayk defeating Nimrod. 
(11-21-2011, 09:44 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Why do animals in heraldry stick out their tongues and have them be wavy?

That has puzzled me.

Good question.  Most of the images of the Double-headed eagle show them sticking their tongues out.  Bad-assery?  I don't know.  Maybe we are not showing bad-assery enough.  It reminds me of that song 'you got to be cruel to be kind'.  lol

On a more serious note it also reminds me of Matthew 10:34 and the prophecy of the coming Great Monarch.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=double+headed+eagle&view=detail&id=28CFBC02159FEAC2BE05506C289FFF1BC65C3C60&first=0&qpvt=double+headed+eagle&FORM=IDFRIR

I find it intersting that, with a little stretch of the imagination, you can see the outline of a goathead in the double headed eagle, which of course is the image of the masonic "god" Baphomet.
(11-21-2011, 09:44 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Why do animals in heraldry stick out their tongues and have them be wavy?

That has puzzled me.

These critters are facing inward and sticking their tongues out at one another. Maybe they're piping for some brew.
[Image: bflag.gif]
I figure I should say that I did not post the above to insult any nation or people because in Christ we are One Body.

"Where there is neither Gentile nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian nor Scythian, bond nor free. But Christ is all, and in all." Colossians 3:11
(11-22-2011, 12:44 AM)drummerboy Wrote: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=double+headed+eagle&view=detail&id=28CFBC02159FEAC2BE05506C289FFF1BC65C3C60&first=0&qpvt=double+headed+eagle&FORM=IDFRIR

I find it intersting that, with a little stretch of the imagination, you can see the outline of a goathead in the double headed eagle, which of course is the image of the masonic "god" Baphomet.

Yeah, that's a possibility as well.
Eagles's tongues stick out when they scream. New Zealand Blacks stick their tongues out as well when they do the Haka.
u mean the maori?

Yes the rugby team All Blacks.  As I understand it a lot of them are Maori or have Maori ancesters.