Your Favorite Coffee?
What's currently your favorite coffee? I'll never forget the time in Hawaii when I had a cup of genuine, 100% Kona coffee. I never dreamed coffee could be so good!
There is a local brewer who roasts his own beans, and it's like no other coffee I've had. They also hand brew every cup using a chemex. The owner is a good guy who can talk for hours about the nuances of coffee beans and their preparation. He knows his stuff.

You can order beans online at their website: http://www.browncoffeeco.com
Almost anything from Kean Coffee, in Orange County, CA
Duh-lish!

www.keancoffee.com
http://dunnbros.com/

My favorite local shop. 
(11-28-2011, 06:47 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: Almost anything from Kean Coffee, in Orange County, CA
Duh-lish!

www.keancoffee.com

The former Diedrich cafe people. Interesting.
(11-28-2011, 08:30 PM)Jackson K. Eskew Wrote:
(11-28-2011, 06:47 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: Almost anything from Kean Coffee, in Orange County, CA
Duh-lish!

www.keancoffee.com

The owner sold Diedrich's because it was getting too big. He vowed to keep this one small. In Newport Beach you can catch him roasting the coffee, and he's a great guy. Although I don't drink much coffee anymore, their place is great. You pay a higher price, but the quality is great. I recommend the Turkish Latte with Cardamom is you want something more fancy than a straight brew. They have stuff that blows your mind, like smelling like good tobacco, and things like that. He gets the beans straight from small farms. No slave labor. Highly recommend if you're in the area and want to treat yourself.
(11-28-2011, 08:49 PM)Scriptorium Wrote:
(11-28-2011, 08:30 PM)Jackson K. Eskew Wrote:
Duh-lish!

www.keancoffee.com

The owner sold Diedrich's because it was getting too big. He vowed to keep this one small. In Newport Beach you can catch him roasting the coffee, and he's a great guy. Although I don't drink much coffee anymore, their place is great. You pay a higher price, but the quality is great. I recommend the Turkish Latte with Cardamom is you want something more fancy than a straight brew. They have stuff that blows your mind, like smelling like good tobacco, and things like that. He gets the beans straight from small farms. No slave labor. Highly recommend if you're in the area and want to treat yourself.

Sounds great. I'll definitely have to stop by.
(11-28-2011, 04:44 PM)Jackson K. Eskew Wrote: What's currently your favorite coffee? I'll never forget the time in Hawaii when I had a cup of genuine, 100% Kona coffee. I never dreamed coffee could be so good!

I was born and raised in Hawaii and I spent a lot of time in Kona where one of my buddies grew coffee.  My favorite brew is Lion Kona Coffee.  It's the bomb!

[Image: lionskona.jpg]
The kind with caffeine!  :coffee:

:)
I have heard that the only way to enjoy first class coffee is to grind the beans and make the coffee fresh.  Personally I prefer tea.

I tried lots of coffee in Colombia but did not like it much. I like the smell of fresh coffee though. When you first open a packet of ground coffee the smell is wonderful.