Conformity via Tattoos
Haha, interesting thread. I kind of want a tattoo.
^ -1
(11-29-2011, 12:56 AM)Graham Wrote: ^ -1

This
This thread needs more pics.
(11-28-2011, 11:36 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: Haha I'd be pretty depressed if I got a band tattoo back when I was 16. I was a gigantic Misfits fan and wanted the Crimson Ghost skull logo but quickly decided against it once the band reformed after 20 years with a new singer and new outlook on mainstream popularity. Yep, glad that I didn't do it.

Hahaha, my brother went through with it and got a crimson ghost. In my mind, the only person who can get away with having a CG and it still be cool is Henry Rollins.

That said, at the heart of every tattoo is vanity. They're unneeded pieces of decoration. I also have two tattoos, which one could be described at demonic. Not proud of them, but they're there.
(11-29-2011, 01:06 AM)piabee Wrote: This thread needs more pics.

[Image: 390470_224423007629746_177454202326627_5...6285_n.jpg]
My personal favorite:

[Image: lawnmower-bald-tattoo1.jpg]

:grin:
(11-29-2011, 12:03 AM)Arun Wrote:
(11-28-2011, 11:56 PM)Jackson K. Eskew Wrote:
(11-28-2011, 11:38 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: tasteful tattoos.

This is as oxymoronic as the ridiculous term tattoo artist.

the level of quality some of today's tattooists can produce rivals even high art in some of the best cases. it ain't like it was in the 20s that's for sure...

I can't put it any better than Dalrymple:

"It is perfectly true, of course, that tattooists sometimes display an astonishing skill in the production of images on, or in, their clients’ skin, which are of photographic verisimilitude, and many even hold university degrees in fine arts, but skill alone, no matter how advanced or refined, does not make an artist. To think so is to confuse a necessary with a sufficient condition; indeed, there is very little more appalling than great skill in the service of bad taste and barbarism."

(11-29-2011, 02:35 AM)Jackson K. Eskew Wrote:

the level of quality some of today's tattooists can produce rivals even high art in some of the best cases. it ain't like it was in the 20s that's for sure...

"It is perfectly true, of course, that tattooists sometimes display an astonishing skill in the production of images on, or in, their clients’ skin, which are of photographic verisimilitude, and many even hold university degrees in fine arts, but skill alone, no matter how advanced or refined, does not make an artist. To think so is to confuse a necessary with a sufficient condition; indeed, there is very little more appalling than great skill in the service of bad taste and barbarism."

Alright, I didn't read the essay and I don't know who wrote it but I really hope that you are not quoting yourself.
(11-29-2011, 02:35 AM)Jackson K. Eskew Wrote:

that's based in opoinion, though, rather than fact. what facts can you offer to back that up?