Conformity via Tattoos
soem need harsher medicine.
if tats as mine have helped me stay away from sin. who the f**k are you to dictate to me otherwise?
mutilation? like taking some teeth out? or an appendix? or cutting your hair an nails>
how long are your payos anyway? or are you now woodpeckerlipping what rules the OT says dictates?
sure
id rather have mutilation on my body int he form of art of my saviour crucified then the stain on my soul through sin.
u?
obviously not. but i have already stated that my tats have helped and aided me in staying from since and are a daly constant reminder to me of my duty and what CHRIST demands.
that itself should have this to rest.
u don't want a tat don't get one. simple really.
so gettign CHRIST and other holy images is now conformity to a Godless world
lol
cant make this shit up
thanks for the laughs
(11-29-2011, 01:18 PM)Texican Wrote:
(11-29-2011, 01:14 PM)Anthem Wrote: Mutilation is [permanently] disfiguring the appearance or degrading the function of the body through injury.  Tattoos certainly fit this definition.  Cutting off a bit of one's hair is not disfiguring or degrading, and it is certainly not permanent. 

All tats, or is it just that you don't like tattoos?

The body has to be injured to get the tattoo, and tattoos disfigure the body. In some cases tattoos damage the function of the skin and carry the risk of systemic damage through chronic exposure to toxins in the inks.  All tattoos, no matter how artistic (whatever the definition), are mutilations of the body.
(11-29-2011, 01:35 PM)Anthem Wrote: The body has to be injured to get the tattoo, and tattoos disfigure the body. In some cases tattoos damage the function of the skin and carry the risk of systemic damage through chronic exposure to toxins in the inks.  All tattoos, no matter how artistic (whatever the definition), are mutilations of the body.

The body gets injured just by walking or running, too, but we don't condemn that.
As you said, in some cases tattoos damage the function of the skin, but not always, if the tattoo artist knows what they're doing.  There is also a difference between a risk of, and actual damage, due to 'exposure to toxins in the inks.'

Again, like DK pointed out, do you cut your hair?  The OT says you shouldn't.  Nor eat the flesh of unclean animals, etc.
(11-29-2011, 01:21 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: soem need harsher medicine.
if tats as mine have helped me stay away from sin. who the f**k are you to dictate to me otherwise?
mutilation? like taking some teeth out? or an appendix? or cutting your hair an nails>
how long are your payos anyway? or are you now woodpeckerlipping what rules the OT says dictates?

I am not dictating anything to you, but tattoos are mutilation.  Cutting one's hair is clearly not mutilation.  Those are the plain facts.  I suppose if you believe self-mutilation brings you closer to Christ, more power to you.  Why not cut off a finger or two as a powerful reminder of Jesus?  Every time one commits a sin, he could slice his arm with a razor or burn himself with a cigarette.  Eventually, there would be quite a history up and down the arm, no?  I suspect, though, that the real reason you have tattoos is because you think they make you look cool or tough, similar to using abusive language or making sarcastic, juvenile comments on the internet. 
so what? i spent years getting injure din the martial arts?
r u a pussy or a man?
the threat of injury should not prevent you from doing it> have u ever rode a bike? u know this things can injury you. be warned.
drive a vehicle u know those are dangerous machines.
walk outside? u know its dangerous outside never know......... ad museum
Ive also gotten some teeth out too. and had operations which are mutilation too..............but i can walk now so...........................is walking better for me thus mutation a OK but my tats whom i have said helped an aided me form sin not as a bum knee must be surely worse then sin
i see

If in the process you are causing injury and pain to your body, then would that not be a form of penance? Even more so if you are getting the tattoo to glorify GOD.
(11-29-2011, 01:40 PM)Texican Wrote: The body gets injured just by walking or running, too, but we don't condemn that.
As you said, in some cases tattoos damage the function of the skin, but not always, if the tattoo artist knows what they're doing.  There is also a difference between a risk of, and actual damage, due to 'exposure to toxins in the inks.'

Again, like DK pointed out, do you cut your hair?  The OT says you shouldn't.  Nor eat the flesh of unclean animals, etc.

Walking or a little bit of running does not normally mutilate the body, though marathoners are damaging their bodies and that is clearly wrong.  The damage caused by tattoos has nothing to do with the artist, it is a function of the size of tattoo and types of ink used.  And what does the Old Testament have to do with this anyway? 

The bottom line is that people get tattoos for others to see.  If the tattoo is hidden from view, what is the point?
point is you don't know what you are talking about.
i have stated three times i didn't get tats for others to see. most people i know don't sport them in public or have them in public view. shit
in the North you couldn't even show tats in public due to the very real likelihood of starting a sectarian bloodbath
in short
not every single person gets tats for the same reason.
first understand that little truism then u may get the larger picture
(11-29-2011, 01:48 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: so what? i spent years getting injure din the martial arts?
r u a pussy or a man?
the threat of injury should not prevent you from doing it> have u ever rode a bike? u know this things can injury you. be warned.
drive a vehicle u know those are dangerous machines.
walk outside? u know its dangerous outside never know......... ad museum
Ive also gotten some teeth out too. and had operations which are mutilation too..............but i can walk now so...........................is walking better for me thus mutation a OK but my tats whom i have said helped an aided me form sin not as a bum knee must be surely worse then sin
i see

You clearly think of yourself as a very "tough" person, or at least that is what the internet allows you to portray.  Good for you.  Getting an operation to repair oneself is not a mutilation, as you should know.  Feigning such stupidity just makes one look foolish. 
(11-29-2011, 01:52 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: point is you don't know what you are talking about.
i have stated three times i didn't get tats for others to see. most people i know don't sport them in public or have them in public view. shit
in the North you couldn't even show tats in public due to the very real likelihood of starting a sectarian bloodbath
in short
not every single person gets tats for the same reason.
first understand that little truism then u may get the larger picture

Are any of your tattoos visible?  "In the North" what does that mean, Canada?  So you live in "the hood" of sorts and have tattoos that could get you killed if the wrong person saw them.  That sounds pretty scary!  Luckily, you are tough enough to handle it.  I mean, since you are into martial arts and all ot that.  I only can dream about being that tough.  I mean, really, I am somewhat frightened to ride a tricycle, much less a bicycle.  So when you and your gang-homies are hanging out together, do you compare your tattoos to see who has the ones most likely to cause a sectarian bloodbath?