Why do some people receive the gift of faith and not others?
(11-30-2011, 02:58 PM)Melkite Wrote: How can hell for the majority of mankind be a greater good for mankind as a whole than heaven for the majority if not the totality of mankind?  Or at least some state of perfect happiness where there is no suffering?  I mean, you're still thinking from a scholastic standpoint, it's a reasonable question from that perspective.  But practically, what kind of God creates people for suffering?  In reality, you're proposing a God that is a sadistic monster.

Well, then I guess the Scriptures propose a sadistic monster as well.  Forget predestination for a moment.  I think we can both admit that God is powerful enough to send all men to heaven if He so chooses.  And yet, as you have pointed out, most men end up in hell. 

Even if you reject the Thomistic argument for predestination, you must admit that God COULD save everyone, or at least the majority and He doesn't.  Why do you not believe Him to be a sadistic monster then?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why do some people receive the gift of faith and not others? - by Walty - 11-30-2011, 03:01 PM