Why do some people receive the gift of faith and not others?
(11-30-2011, 02:03 PM)Melkite Wrote: Vetus, I'm not merely being emotional with this.  I try not to think too deeply about predestination because this is probably the one issue that I can't reconcile with everything I believe to be true about God.  Despite some past truly emotional threats in the past, this is the one issue that could potentially cause me to leave the Church over.  The only thing that keeps me in the Catholic Church in regards to predestination is that I have my blinders up so to speak to prevent myself from actually finding out that predestination is Catholic doctrine that can't be denied.  I don't want to find out that I can't choose to either believe it or not, because then intellectually I would have to become Orthodox.

Predestination is Catholic doctrine, you can't deny it or pretend it doesn't exist. The same with election.

If there are Orthodox who reject predestination and election, then they're liars and disobedient to Scripture and revelation.

Quote:For every quote that supports predestination there is another one that contradicts it.

This is simply not true.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why do some people receive the gift of faith and not others? - by Vetus Ordo - 11-30-2011, 03:03 PM