Why do some people receive the gift of faith and not others?
(12-20-2011, 03:05 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(12-20-2011, 11:33 AM)Melkite Wrote: Ok, so basically what I was getting at with this line of questions was if one can't know their election status, but God can give someone who is unelect the grace to truly love him, and may only remove that grace a second or two before death, this means someone could spend their life truly loving God and praying to be spared hell, spending their whole life hoping in God out of love for Him to be saved, but because he is unelect, he will never receive it and his hope and love was in vain.  In other words, you don't worship a god, you worship a sadistic monster.

I apologize in advance of your response for that, that was too harsh if taken to be directed at you personally.  My point was, if God gives the grace to someone to love him and to put his hope in him for salvation, when God has already decided to reprobate him and there is nothing for the man to hope in, the act of allowing one the grace to have a false hope would make God a sadistic monster.

God doesn't reprobate a man by causing him to freely sin mortally and be damned.  He reprobates him (eternally permits and punishes) because he does freely sin mortally.  If I'm true friends with another man for a lifetime, but at the end a little unseen wellspring of hate rises up and I murder him, should I not be tried for murder?  A final mortal sin in our life is completely free and is far worse than murder. God doesn't withdraw mercy and hope - as long as we are alive! - we refuse it.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why do some people receive the gift of faith and not others? - by Doce Me - 12-20-2011, 04:59 PM