Pope Benedict XVI's astronomer: the Catholic Church welcomes aliens
(12-01-2011, 01:12 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote:
(12-01-2011, 08:08 AM)maso Wrote: All this stuff about extraterrestrial life is nothing but absurd speculation. Since until now no evidence has been observed, it is a loss of time. Does Br Consolmagno's interest in that matter serve for the highest Glory of God? I doubt it.
If there were ever purported aliens to encounter the mankind in the next future, the outcomes would be huge, so huge that I cannot imagine that God in His Wisdom wouldn't have warned us of this in the Scriptures.
No, on the contrary, I believe that the purported "flying saucers" and other UFOs manifestations that we cannot dismiss anyways, are very suspicious. I don't remember who is this  jewish author who considers them as pure devilish deceits.
See: http://thecomingepiphany.com/BookArticle....htm#_ftn3

Interesting conversation we're having.  

Demons and their agents amongst humanity would indeed conspire such things.  There's rumors that the military industrial complex have amongst their plans a fake alien invasion to be used as an excuse to form a centralized military dictatorship over the Earth.  

Supposedly, this is all to be accomplished through the use of holographic projectors that can place images on the sky.  There's even talk that the images won't just include alien invaders, but false gods who will point to a false messiah.  "Project Blue Beam" is what everyone's been calling it.  

False miracles and false invaders for the purposes of faithless humans who would have the rest of humanity worship obey them, even more so than now.

For our own protection, of course.  :LOL:

Yes, I wouldn't doubt that at all.  Serge Monast's Project Blue Beam (NASA) and associated conspiracies.  There's a bunch of youtube videos about Serge Monast and Project Blue Beam as well. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serge_Monast
(12-01-2011, 03:17 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(12-01-2011, 03:14 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: Yeah, that's where I'm going. Beats looking for aliens.

But at least aliens might actually exist.  :LOL:

Possibly and even probably they exist, but we will never be able to prove that because they are sooo faaaar from earth that they have no means to come here even if they are able to travel at the light's speed;
To imagine that we may encounter them is sterile speculation. Until now since the man dwells on the earth, such encounters never happened. Since the man is able to listen to the space's radiowaves with his big eared radiotelescopes (almost since 50 years), he never could put in evidence any intelligent signal.
The Scriptures are dumb on the issue: That means that it is highly improbable that any purported aliens are scheduled in God's plans on Earth.
Yes, that's sterile speculation and waste of time.
(12-01-2011, 04:58 PM)maso Wrote:
(12-01-2011, 03:14 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: Yeah, that's where I'm going. Beats looking for aliens.

Possibly and even probably they exist, but we will never be able to prove that because they are sooo faaaar from earth that they have no means to come here even if they are able to travel at the light's speed;
To imagine that we may encounter them is sterile speculation. Until now since the man dwells on the earth, such encounters never happened. Since the man is able to listen to the space's radiowaves with his big eared radiotelescopes (almost since 50 years), he never could put in evidence any intelligent signal.
The Scriptures are dumb on the issue: That means that it is highly improbable that any purported aliens are scheduled in God's plans on Earth.

God's "plans on earth" are equivalent to God's plans for the entire universe.  Jesus' sacrifice echoed throughout all of existence.  There is no intelligent life in outer space, it just doesn't fit into Christian theology, not matter how you try to force it.  WE, the earth and humanity, are at the center of it all - WE constitute "God's plan."  We were the one's created in the "image and likeness of God," and green or grey space-men do not share in this with us - to believe otherwise would be to believe that there was a "space Mary" and a "space Jesus."
(12-01-2011, 06:01 PM)Nic Wrote: God's "plans on earth" are equivalent to God's plans for the entire universe.  Jesus' sacrifice echoed throughout all of existence.  There is no intelligent life in outer space, it just doesn't fit into Christian theology, not matter how you try to force it.  WE, the earth and humanity, are at the center of it all - WE constitute "God's plan."  We were the one's created in the "image and likeness of God," and green or grey space-men do not share in this with us - to believe otherwise would be to believe that there was a "space Mary" and a "space Jesus."

Nic, thank you for injecting Catholic thinking into this thread.

This search for 'aliens' (that is, fallen angels) and modernist musing on them are two more reasons to give $0.00 to the Diocesan structures.
(12-01-2011, 03:38 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: They do Parmunder.

Apparently you did not read my post a few pages up.

Are you saying Gallileo did not exist?

Since the Psalms have been brought up, I thought I would pounce on you like a young lion. As you did me.

I believe I also mentioned other things they could do with their equipment. But, you were to busy waiting in the hedges to pounce.

Now, go back to mama and have her wipe your nose. I think it may be running.

:LOL:

I'll pick the one thing in there that came close to making sense, and state that yes, I believe Galileo existed.  Sorry if you were confused by my choice of words.  And of course he has been proven wrong, by the demonstration of elliptical orbits around the Sun, by Kepler: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepler%27s_...ary_motion

If you were trying to suggest geocentrism, get real.
(12-01-2011, 04:58 PM)maso Wrote:

I agree completely, following St. Augustine's example regarding the Antipodes.  It is not much use for us to speculate on what we can't know.  Yet, the Aztecs were there.
I worry that if intelligent aliens are found,  the Catholic church is toast.
If humans are all there is why did God create all the cosmos out there?
As Sagan said it would seem to be an awful waste of space.
(12-02-2011, 04:56 AM)richness of tradition Wrote: I worry that if intelligent aliens are found,  the Catholic church is toast.

It's there for God's greater glory.  Who are we to say it's a waste of space if God likes it?  It doesn't have to have other beings in it to make it useful for Him, does it?
I remember reading something by a bigshot astronomer/physicist  to the effect that it seemed that the cosmos was there solely to be perceived by the human eye. If everything happens for a reason then what
are we to conclude? Why are we given an organ (the brain) that can speculate about aliens?
(12-02-2011, 04:56 AM)richness of tradition Wrote: I worry that if intelligent aliens are found,  the Catholic church is toast.

Spoken like a true Manhattan Commercial Real Estate Developer.

Pfffffft!