Pope Benedict XVI's astronomer: the Catholic Church welcomes aliens
(12-01-2011, 03:53 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:
(12-01-2011, 03:41 PM)Laetare Wrote:
(12-01-2011, 02:41 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: All "creatures" ... where did He say that?

(12-01-2011, 02:49 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: I'm wondering to! I don't think you will see me preaching to rocks, trees, or animals.

Sorry about the delay brothers...

My Douay-Rheims-Challoner has our Lord saying, in Mark 16:15:

Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ Wrote:15 Et dixit eis: Euntes in mundum universum prædicate Evangelium omni creaturæ. - And He said to them: Go ye into the whole world and preach the gospel to every creature.

Wider array of meaning that we had first thought? It certainly puts St. Francis of Assisi in context! :) Wisdom is not in the Earth, nor in the sea; man knows not her ways.

Something to think about ... not sure what it means in our regular non-hypothetical-aliens-existing everyday worldy context.  Preach to birds and stones?

I thought the meaning to be self-evident. But, this morning at Matins, Pope St. Gregory provided the answer. To be given in next post as my browser goes crazy at this point.

Happy Feast Day of St. Francis Xavier!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Pope Benedict XVI's astronomer: the Catholic Church welcomes aliens - by Adam Wayne - 12-03-2011, 08:58 AM