This is what obedience looks like
(12-05-2011, 07:54 AM)Nic Wrote: Remember, the way we pray is the way we believe.  When the Novus Ordo Mass is the way we pray, the way we believe shows through very clearly.

I don't disagree with you but I would ask you this... Don't you know of any examples where this isn't true?  My parish currently only offers the NO Mass but our priest is just like the one in this thread.  My friends, my husband and I are all deeply observant Catholics.  We're not contracepting, cafeteria Catholics who see nothing wrong with married or women priests, for example.

Our Catholic faith is the guiding force in every. single. thing that we do.  It causes divisions in our extended families and a sense of being out of step with common society.  That's fine but I think it speaks to our willingness to suffer and die for the faith.  What you seem to be saying is that your level of belief is inherently deeper by virtue of attending the Tridentine rite.  But when I look around at my parishioners I see with my own eyes that it's far more complicated than that.

After all, the generation that jettisoned the Tridentine rite and passed on such poor catechesis to their children were formed on the Extraordinary Form.  They were praying beautifully but it didn't take root in their souls or intellect.  They had the best Mass and still screwed things up.

I think the EF makes the meaning of the Mass much clearer and is inherently more inspiring.  But it's definitely not the only factor for why Catholics do or don't have a fervent faith.

Messages In This Thread
Re: This is what obedience looks like - by Nic - 12-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Re: This is what obedience looks like - by maso - 12-05-2011, 08:30 AM
Re: This is what obedience looks like - by GraceSeeker - 12-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Re: This is what obedience looks like - by Nic - 12-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Re: This is what obedience looks like - by Nic - 12-06-2011, 10:40 PM