Northern/Eastern NJ - Members of St. Anthony of Padua at West Orange?
I haven't been there, but I know Canon Moreau as he comes to celebrate Mass at my parish regularly.  He's a great priest!
(07-25-2012, 04:31 PM)joe17 Wrote: Jaca,

The injustice is that the church was built to serve as a haven from the travesties that take place in the diocese that stem from Vatican II.  I understand the leanings of the ICR, but they have to abide by what VII teaches, the new catechism, etc.  Even though they say the old Mass, there are other things to consider.  Besides, start looking into the Holy Orders issue.  That can open up some eyes.
  As you know, a couple of other missions started out  after this went to the diocese.  Those that attached to it before could tell you the full story, even though some of it can be found online.  God bless.

Joe

It all happened before my time there, but I understand from what little I know that it was a very painful thing for everyone involved.

Joe, regarding the validity of the ICR priests, do you question that? I trust that all the priests at the Institute have received Holy Orders from properly ordained bishops who had the correct intent. I also know from personal experience that their sermons and instruction traditional-period. Have you had a different experience there?

I also trust that the Societies' priests have extraordinary jurisdiction to hear confessions and preside at wedding ceremonies. I'm not going to drive myself crazy with these sorts of questions, which are frankly too much for me. It's enough to try to live a Catholic life and do the best I can in these difficult times. Otherwise it's more than I can cope with if I start worrying about validity of sacraments.

The bottom line is that I hope both places can really continue to grow and do well in the future. I really do!!!

"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
I would say that SSPX trained and ordained are helping souls as they know how and believe.  I pray that they see things more clearly now, especially since the deal with Rome is not totally dead.
  Nothing personal against any of the clergy over at St Anthony's.  I will let it go for now.

Joe
Okay, thanks Joe.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
I've been to this chapel a few weeks ago! I loved the High Mass so much. I even called the Canon and asked him about attending regularly when I'm old enough not to go to my parents novus ordo parish. He was really nice and welcoming. I only have good things to say about the church:) .