Loyal Order of the Moose
(12-17-2011, 12:01 AM)Arun Wrote: we should start up a Catholic thing, just for laughs. The League of Pious Boozers or something. Wear some stupid hats and have overtly secretive meetings at public taverns, where we shisper loudly about nonsense and drink more than we ought to.

I'll get started on the drinking now, and you guys can catch up when you get to NZ lol.

That would be fun.  "ps ps ps ps zionists.  ps ps ps effin ps ps ps freemasons." burp

sip sip 
(12-17-2011, 06:26 PM)mikemac Wrote:
(12-17-2011, 12:01 AM)Arun Wrote: we should start up a Catholic thing, just for laughs. The League of Pious Boozers or something. Wear some stupid hats and have overtly secretive meetings at public taverns, where we shisper loudly about nonsense and drink more than we ought to.

I'll get started on the drinking now, and you guys can catch up when you get to NZ lol.

That would be fun.  "ps ps ps ps zionists.  ps ps ps effin ps ps ps freemasons." burp

sip sip 

lol nice
(12-11-2011, 10:55 PM)Arun Wrote: I think there was one a guy I knew used to kick around with that was pretty innocent - basically just an old men's piss-up club lol. But even that, on reading a roll-call of members, was very likely to have been a front.

Locally we have Druid's Lodge, Freemasons NZ (three or four different lodges throughout the province), Legion of Frontiersmen and a whole bunch of other subsidiary groups such as Lions Club and Rotary International.

They're all connected - even Masons themselves whom I have spoken to have confirmed this...
Do you have any tangible proof of this? I know Masons who are members of Lions and Rotary, but I also know K of C's who are also Lions and Rotary. I don't think simple membership justifies as a "connection" in a sinister  sense. Do any Masons belong to your credit union? Your Little League coaching staff? Maybe the same automoble club? Certainly you, as a Catholic have an equal amount of influence over organizations you happen to belong to.
(12-11-2011, 10:55 PM)Arun Wrote: I think there was one a guy I knew used to kick around with that was pretty innocent - basically just an old men's piss-up club lol. But even that, on reading a roll-call of members, was very likely to have been a front.

Locally we have Druid's Lodge, Freemasons NZ (three or four different lodges throughout the province), Legion of Frontiersmen and a whole bunch of other subsidiary groups such as Lions Club and Rotary International.

They're all connected - even Masons themselves whom I have spoken to have confirmed this...
(12-18-2011, 12:37 PM)Hovannes Wrote:

Do you have any tangible proof of this? I know Masons who are members of Lions and Rotary, but I also know K of C's who are also Lions and Rotary. I don't think simple membership justifies as a "connection" in a sinister  sense. Do any Masons belong to your credit union? Your Little League coaching staff? Maybe the same automoble club? Certainly you, as a Catholic have an equal amount of influence over organizations you happen to belong to.

no not a connection in a sinister sense, but the groups i mentioned are subsidiary groups of masonry.
I've heard the same about the Lions and Rotary Clubs, the Kiwanis Club too.

This site says "To lead the masses without arousing their suspicion Freemasons have come up with hundreds of organizations like the Rotary Club, Lions Club,  Silva Mind Control, Kiwanis Club, Rosacrucians etc. The goal of these organizations are purposely ambiguous and people that innocently join these clubs do not know what they are following. One oft heard term in these groups is self-development which is none other than imbibing the Masonic principle."
http://www.angelfire.com/ca7/loquebar/freemasonry.htm
[Image: lipsthattouch1.jpg]

This actually sounds a lot like a typical Knights of Columbus Counci  Grin (other than all the service work the Knights do for the Church).  There is an irony in that the founder, Venerable Servant of God Father Michael J. McGivney was much concerned about the (excessive) drinking of the young Irish immigrant males his apostolats were often directed toward.  Fr. McGivney organized several Sodalities in the parishes he served (which were the precursor to the formation of the Knights) which were dry socities and had as one objective to keep young men out of the taverns.
(12-22-2011, 07:37 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: [Image: lipsthattouch1.jpg]

"Yikes.  Okay"

sip sip
I have waited nearly a full year for an opportunity to post that image lo  LOL